Partners and your Collection Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Flexx Ark, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Cyberverse Completionist

News Credits:
    Hey people. What's the worst thing your partner (girlfriend/boyfriend, wife/husband) has done to your collection? Whether it was out if revenge, unawareness or lack of caring?

What was the best thing? Maybe they impacted your collection in a positive way just by paying attention?

In a nutshell, how has your significant other impacted your Transformers? Telll your stories here!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  2. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Cyberverse Completionist

News Credits:
    One time my wife stepped on one of my MIB Prime Vehicons after "accidentally" knocking it down. Thing is, she never stopped to see what it was crackling ;/.lol

3. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whenever I get a new figure, my girlfriend tries to guess its name, based on the limited knowledge she has (she's only seen the Michael Bay films). Most of her guesses are "wait...don't tell me...is it Starscream?" (Note: it's never Starscream, but I love that she's trying!)

The best thing: as a Masters graduation gift, she got me the Detolf glass shelving unit from IKEA for my figures :) 

4. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Best thing? Bought me MP-04 from Hong Kong for Christmas. My (Now wife) Girl is the best.

Worst thing? None yet, though she has balked at having my Goeff Senior covers on the bedroom wall...

5. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

My wife complains when I buy but after its in the case she doesn't say much.

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^^what's in the case is off topic, eh?

so if i stuff a supermodel in my Detolf next to my G1's, the wife can't say anything?
    interesting.

I have been lucky over the years and the most i have had to deal with is vocal opposition from the mother.
    Dad kinda liked it.

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Even though my wife is a fan as well, the bedroom is one place where TFs aren't allowed... though I do have a picture of Peter Cullen and I from Botcon 04 on the wall.

8. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My kids(with the help of my wife) bought me ultimate Optimus and Leader Sentinel for Christmas last year which is what got me back into collecting after a 10 year hiatus.

Since then she has turned into a pill popping drunk who's been cheating on me so were not together anymore but, she still complains when I buy TF's and then I complain cause she spends 3x more on alcohol and friends than I do on TF's. She knows if she ever touches them and ruins them, I'll ruin her brand new car that she loves so dearly.

9. Rodimus89

Rodimus89 Protector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW!! :/

10. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My fiancé is the opposite. I'm only allowed to put toys in the bedroom. The worst thing she's done is that she refuses to let me put a display case downstairs in the living room. I'm out of room in the bedroom, and I want a really elegant class display downstairs, but she just isn't having it. As much as she denies it, I think she's embarrassed, lol, and will only let me keep stuff in the bedroom so that guests won't see.

The best thing she's done is get me back into transformers. I wasn't collecting them until she randomly brought me home a megatron figure because she saw it and thought it looked cool. She even went through every one they had in the store to pick out the one with the most mint box. She kind of regrets that purchase now though, because up until then I was only collecting final fantasy and some marvel and batman stuff. She didn't realize the can of worms she opened by thrusting a transformer into my collection!

11. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Wow that story had a bigger twist than an M. Night Shayamalan flick.

Sorry to hear that but happy to see you are moving on.

p.s. think about the kids and forget about the pill popper.

12. MasterxBlaster

MasterxBlaster THUGFORMER

News Credits:
    Whoaz... let it out man... let it out.

My Girlfriend, best thing, is when she goes out and Hunts down a TF for me (she seems to have better luck then I do at times) Oh and when we have a Transformation battle lol!! That's fun.. but can't get her to wana try it that often since we are always busy with functions when we are together. I just like it when she shows ANY interest in to my Hobby :) 

Worst... she's never done anything bad to my collection.. can't think of anything negative, besides her thinking I love my TFs more then I do her LOL!

13. Hothouse Prime

Hothouse Prime Not old... Just older.

My wife rarely complains until she sees that one month (say, July 2012) when I spend way way over my monthly budget on the CC bill... I tell her it will even out over the year, and that usually makes it okay... Well, that and a trip to the shoe department at Nordstrom.

14. SurlyJ

SurlyJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll toss in a new category too... Strangest thing.

My fiancé kisses every new toy I show her. It's very strange and has almost become ritualistic. I say "here, look how awesome this guy is", she grabs it, looks at it from all angles, then kisses it. I'm not sure what to think of it...

15. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Dam bro!? That's some shit right there! I kicked my woman out last month for making me choose either her or my collection. I pretty much opened the front door for her.

16. MasterxBlaster

MasterxBlaster THUGFORMER

News Credits:
    lmfao!!!!!

17. xMostWanted559x

That's my trick as well. I let her buy stuff and she doesn't complain too much. For example I saw dreadwing at Walmart. So I told her I wanted to buy her a new office chair. She picked a chair then 5 mins later I said look that's the new guy I wanted he's rare

18. xMostWanted559x

That sucks man...

19. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Plastic fetish?

Do yourself a favor, do not buy Classics Astrotrain. :p 

20. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my wife bought me mp grimlock, rotf bruticus, got me a custom soundwave cake for this birthday, has gotten me countless other figures, puts up with having a toy room in the house. also doesn't complain too much with me going to tfcon

my ex stole g1 reflector, and threw ml soundwave at me when i caught her trying to steal it