Part man, part cyborg, ALL badass: ROBOCOP in 2010?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by kronos, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

BWAT????

Robocop 3 was a shit sandwich, 2 wasn't as good as the original, but I still enjoyed it, I can't even watch 3 any more.

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    There was a Robocop vs Terminator comic done years ago. From what my girlfriend told me about the plot, it sounded like it would make a very plausable crossover movie.

As for a remake, I haven't seen the original robocop movie in years. If they can capture the essense of the first movie in a remake for a new generation, then Im for it.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    What, not a Pac Man fan? :p 

4. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Even Dick Jones doesn't that it is a good idea....DICK JONESSSS!!!!

5. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Eh. RoboCop 1 and 2 are the only decent movies. RoboCop was awesome, RoboCop2 wasn't as good but still pretty enjoyable. If, and it's a very big if, they can recapture some of that magic I say go ahead. Even a remake woudl be fine. If whatever it is sucks I can just ignor it like I ignore the cartoons, the Prime Directives mini-series, etc.

6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    That reminds me, I need Robocop on BluRay. The Robocop vs Terminator comics were very good, just like the AVP ones were. Unfortunately, that does not transcribe to film all that well. Personally, I don't think the studio tried that hard on AVP.

A new Robocop? I see no point at all.

7. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I would be in favor if this was a tv show but a remake would probly suck

8. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    The robocop vs termintor comic I believe was written by miller as well. http://images.google.com/imgres?img...channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N
    As for Robocop 2 and 3 both written by miller, both had several rewrites and the final versions barely resembled the original script. In the original script for 2 it was more violent they killed off a lot of the secondary characters and the crazy lady psyciatrist downloads her brain into robocop2 for the final showdown. Robocop prime directive mini movies weren't bad, they just didn't have the film's budget so they felt inferior. Honestly with todays technology they cold do a decent TV series if they went the more violent route a la Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles. The problem is hollywood is out of ideas so they keep remaking things rather than using new properties. Their afraid to take a chance on any unknowns. I could recommend 20 or so books that would make better movies than the remakes we keep getting.

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Robocop 1 was awesome. Still, is.

Robocop 2 is good fun, but not a patch on the original.

Robocop 3 is a big pile of steaming turd. And it had NINJAS.

Anyone seen the Prime Directives TV movies? (Cark Justice, Meltdown, Resurrection and Crash & Burn) LOLOLOLOLOL.

10. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

yhea i'm not sure how you can make a movie with ninjas bad but they did.

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

The Prime Directives mini series tried really hard. It was just hard to take it seriously when they hired a midget to play Murphy. All three previous live action Robocops had been fairly tall. I have no idea why they decided to hire some one for the part that barely qulifies as average height.

Presonally, I liked the 90s Robocop TV series. The guy that played Murphy in that felt a lot more like Weller's Robocop than the guy from the third movie did, at the same time he didn't come across like he was trying to imitate Weller.

But yeah, third movie was a crap fest. It had mech action, jet packs, a machine gun arm, Yakuza/ninja bots, and Rip Torn, but somehow it still managed to suck.

Screw remakes, I want a Robocop/Short Circuit crossover movie. :p 

12. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I actually don't think this is bad news. There isn't anything inherently wrong with having another Robocop movie...we're just all burned by decades of sub-par Robocop material. I think it would be great if this movie took the James Bond approach and just treated it as another story involving Robocop. Considering how good a robot-man looked in Iron Man, I think a well-done Robocop movie is very possible today.

But for god's sake, no remake! Not only is Robocop 1 still friggin' awesome, it was just 21 years ago! It's not time for a remake! Something I really enjoyed about Indy 4 was that it was a sequel. It didn't try to tell us a long, sad tale about Indy's childhood, it didn't try to re-do or replace any continuity...it was just another story about Indy. I hope that's what happens to Robocop.

13. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

only thing that needs a remake for Robocop is third movie onwards. the first two movies are fine as is.

14. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Nothing they will make can compare to the uncut version of the original Robocop. If they really want to do something that Peter Weller did give a us a Buckroo Banzai sequel.

15. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My concern is if they do a new movie they will try to make him more agile and CGI the hell out of him. Make him all running and jumping and what not.

16. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    wouldn't surprise me, the cool part about robocop was he was a walking tank. The cool part of the original is with the exception of a few scenes with ed209 the effect were some of the most believable of the time period for a sci-fi movie.......great now I want to watch it again.

17. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they went back and remastered the effects, clean them up a bit and even out the color so the matted plats don't stand out as much and that movie absolutely holds up today.

18. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    This. I agree with the "walking tank" viewpoint that another poster mentioned - the awesome thing about Robocop was his indomitable pacing. The image of bullets ricocheting off of his slowly-approaching for was the signature of that first movie - turning him into some Neo/Frenzy/Jurassic Park dinosaur CGI creature that flips all over the place would be a real disappointment.

19. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved all the Robocop movies, flaws and all. Once I heard someone mention Iron Man I got scared that they are gonna sleek down the suit because part of the charm was he's built like a tank as someone mentioned. I also hate overuse of CGI. Although one really upsetting think is Basil Poledouris (the guy who did the score for 1 and 3) passed away a year or so back so he won't be able to score this one. The music in that movie was awesome and I'm still looking for a proper release of it on CD.

OH! And Red Foreman=Clarence Boddicker!!!!!!!