Parents that were introduced to Transfomers in the 1980s.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by urrutiap, Jul 14, 2011.

1. urrutiap

urrutiap Banned

Anyone else here an '80s child and had parents who also got introduced a little to Transformers back then and then our parents trying to watch the recent live ation movies.

Its funny that yeah it is hard for our parents to figure out who's who but they do notice there's alot of action in the movies.

Guess us fellow '80s childdren along with parents prefer the old Transformers from yesteryear. At least my mom still knows who Otimus Prime is though that's a good thing LOL

2. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm an 80's chid and now have a child that loves all transformers: animated, prime, movie, and of course G1 that's my baby
    he just had a birthday party and wanted the whole thing to be transformers themed

3. urrutiap

urrutiap Banned

Well i was asking if your parents still are into transformers. our parents had to get used to them since they bought them for us in the 80s. Our parents back then knew who Optimus is from the cartoon. Its just that due to the live action movies they have a hard time figuring out who is who

4. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Parents used to watch Transformers with me as a kid. Neither of them have particularly fond memories of G1 though.

My dad did watch the first movie however, and mum enjoys Transformers Prime.

5. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    moms dead, dad could care less

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    My Parents didn't hear about it in the 80's. But they were in their early 20's mind you....

I brought the idea to them in 2004. Mom is supportive. Dad not really.

You can tell which house my collection is and the favourite parent.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

My parents were introduced to it probably more than I was in the 80's , since they had to buy those things. Im sure they debated on a few of them wondering if i'd like them, or hell no that's wrong becasue I got a Twin Twist one time :mad 

On one of my underoo spy missions, I did catch dad rolling G1 Prime around on the carpet while watching Taxi.

8. DeathAnghell

DeathAnghell Beast Wars!

My dad watched it back in the 80's I think. He seemed to be pretty familiar with Transformers when I was young and he got me into Beast Wars when I was a little kid.

9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    My father once commented the show, when I was little and watching G1, something like "Such nonsense". But my mom once told me on the telephone something like "When you were young, you used to watch this cartoon Transformers, have you seen that there is a movie now?" :D 

10. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    my stepdad watches the movies but that it.

11. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

My Dad never, my sisters liked it but where more into She-ra and Barbie, my mom liked but not crazy about it leaving me the only true Transfan of the family and my mom today goes to me or even funnier makes fun of me and imitates me when i used to be a kid as how i used to say " I'm Megatron" and used to do the transforming sound. LOL

12. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

I was 10 when G1 came out. I loved it when it came out. Fast forward to today and me and my 5 year old watch G1 all the way to Prime together.

13. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    My parents never cared they only bought me toys.

Dad watched the movies. He didn't like the first one, kinda enjoyed the second one, and like half of the thirf one while he bashed like 60% of the movie with passion.

Mom hates science ficton.

Tried to get my little brother into Transformres but he doesn't like them, not even the toys.

14. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    My mom was the one who really got me into collecting again--after being a huge fan as a kid--when just after the movie in 2007 I was visiting her, we happened to go the mall (I forget why, probably for my sister, lol), KB toys was having a buy three get one free sale, and she suggested she'd buy one, I could buy two, and get a fourth free! I got Brawl, BB, Jazz, and Bonecrusher and after playing with those guys I was absolutely re-hooked!

15. Sandbreaker

Sandbreaker Active Member

My Mom only knows a few of them like Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Grimlock, & Swoop. In fact Swoop was my Grandmother's last birthday present to me before she passed away.

16. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dad couldn't careless but mom and I watch G1 and Prime together.

17. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My parents watched them with me. My dad had Shockwave and my mom had Bumblebee, Wheeljack and Huffer. She gave them to me when I got a little bigger. But dad held onto to Shockwave lol. He really liked that toy. Till this day they both remember the cartoon pretty well.

18. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :cry  My dad HATES transformers but my mom is curious about them sometimes but they both critic me when I buy toys:peoples: 

19. Lord_Starscream

Lord_Starscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was raised by my grand parents , and my grandpa watched G1 with me when he was home and took me out to the 86 film . He even got me my first Transformers Soundwave .

Back in 2007 he went out with me , my gf and uncle to see the Michael Bay movie and
    he really enjoyed it . He was a big car guy and love how they used the old camaro in the begining and even said he liked how they had the yellow VW bug beside it . He bought me that august a 77 Camaro to build as a Bumblebee clone .
    Sad to say he pasted away that Oct before the car was finsihed .

I am currently building a Barricade clone dedicated to his memory (He was in the army then was a Police officer for almost 40 years) .

He was not the biggest Transfan out there but he was one of the oldest for sure .

20. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    my dad went through the g1 years with my half-brother, so he was around for all of that. now here he is doing it with me so he basically knows all the main stuff, he was the one who got me into transformers during beast wars and would watch it with me.

my dad is 56 and he loves anime and cartoons, stuff like robotech and evangelion are his favorite