ParaNorman

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Optimus_Prowl, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Did anyone see this yet? I just saw it last night and it was great! Reminds me greatly of old don bluth films like secret of nimh and what not definitely in tone. very deep and very dark.

The animation was some of the greatest stop motion ive ever seen! the emotions and everything that each character shows amazing!

So what did you guys think of it?

2. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't seen it yet but I'm very much pumped for it. I'm taking my daughter to see it either tonight or tomorrow.

3. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I took my daughter to see it and we loved it. It's a Halloween-ish film that's enjoyable as an adult but okay to bring your kids. The art, the story, the music, the atmosphere, the acting, it was all there for me. I want to go see it again.

4. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    ^^ Good to hear! It reminded me of Monster House quite abit. Was your daughter scared of it at all?

Also has no one else seen this?

5. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I showed my daughter Coraline when it first came out 3 years ago - so she would have been 5 at the time and that film terrified her. She hasn't seen it since and she still talks about how much that movie scared the crap out of her. So I figured Paranorman would be just scary to her since the trailers say "From the makers of Coraline" but she loved it. She even wanted me to buy her the novelization of it when we were at the store and saw it on the shelf afterward.

6. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Saw it with my wife and we really like it...had the old school vibe too it...which i like..

7. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I fear this film will be overanalyzed and ignored by a vast majority of people, which is a real shame. Saw it with my parents this afternoon, they personally didn't think too highly of it due to the message of bullying and stuff involved.

I personally found it to be extremely enjoyable, although I will admit that it is definitely not what the previews painted it out to be. There wasn't much comedy in it, and it really has a bit of a depressing edge to it considering what happens and happened in the past.

I have a feeling it will underperform at the box office, but might take off as a new cult classic.

8. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    I took my son today and I thought it was great. He's into zombies, etc...but I really enjoyed it.

9. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Saw it earlier this week. Loved it. The musical score is frickin' awesome.

10. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    For about two weeks I believed this film was animated with really shitty CGI.

11. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

Best animated movie of the year! i saw it 3 times and blew me away, such a unique and well done stop motion work of art i should say and on par with Coraline and Nightmare Before Christmas.