Paranormal Activity 3

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Sideswipe1954, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I enjoyed the first 2. I'm not opposed to a third.

3. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Dammit. So what, are they being hunted by Bloody Mary?
    Although neither are scary, I liked the first two enough. But they're really pushing their luck with a third.

4. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Oh my gosh:redface2:  Another one???

5. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Yes more comedy gold :D  I loved the first two and laughed all the way through both cant wait for number 3.

6. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I liked the first one and thought the 2nd one sucked. I hope this one is better

7. syclonefs

syclonefs Rogue-Prime

News Credits:
    This i think will be the final one i heard and read awhile back that they wanted it to be a trilogy movies so this i think is the final one.

8. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I can't wait! The second movie implied that their mother made a deal with an evil spirit in order to attain money. The fact that they don't remember what happened when they were little implies that they probably have suppressed memories.

9. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    I don't think it was the mother if I remember, it was like a great grandma or something. The boy was the first one in a few generations. (I think) anyway, I enjoyed both. A 3rd is cool.

10. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Same. I went into PA2 expecting to be scared s***less, but couldn't hold my breath I was laughing so much

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Well, I'd imagine they're pretty cheap to make as well. Cheaper movie = larger profit margin

Agreed. My wife and I both really enjoy these movies, and as long as the story and production are handled well, we're game.

12. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So... does this mean we will have a 4th? I really wanted to see a continuation of the story:( 

13. Switch625

Well, PA2 was some kind of prequel/sequel hybrid. I imagine PA3 will be as well, they're just going further back.

And then I hope that's it. No PA4, unless they start following new characters. Katie's story needs to end with PA3, otherwise they're just dragging it out.

14. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

The first one was an interesting idea, but didn't really do much for me. Probably would have enjoyed it more if I saw it in the theater. The 2nd one my wife and I watched at night with all the lights out and the surround sound cranked up, which made for a much more entertaining experience. Definitely wouldn't mind them making more of these if they're consistently able to outdo the previous entries.

15. Switch625

Just saw PA3. I thought it was great and the scariest yet. Much more intense than the first two. I know I said before that they should end it with 3, but they still haven't shown us what happened after Katie took the baby in PA2 and I want to know. Keep them coming!

My only real problem was that the guy filmed everything on VHS, yet it was widescreen.

16. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    saw it, bored just like the first two, but at least those had some cleavage. This had nothing...

17. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

I have not seen the first two of the series but I was itching to go out and do something last night so I went with a couple friends to see this one. We all thought it was horrible.

The audience was also, by far, the most obnoxious I've ever experienced; several people just would not shut up for the whole damn movie. But at least I don't have to wonder if my group was alone in hating the movie as most of the rest of the audience was very audible about their disdain when the credits started rolling.

18. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Saw it thought it was aight. Good scenes with the little girls. Kinda neat that I dont remember any of the movie being in the trailers. So everything was a surprise. Also Fav character was Randy and maybe the 80's babysitter.

Our audience was good to. Put the stress on the rest of everybody and made for a great experience.

overal 8/10 compared to the first two. New directors was a good idea. :) 

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    Kinda wished they called the 2nd 2 paranormal 2 active so this one can be PA3: tokyo drift.

20. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    As someone who enjoyed these movies for what they're worth, cheap scare roller coasters, I was sorta let down. This one really dropped the ball on the continuity. Spoilers:
    1.)
    The ending, okay, step dad & mom (another issue I'll get to in a bit) dies, evil wins once again at the end of this one, so why are the girls (mostly) normal in 1 & 2? Unless the girls get their minds wiped I can't see how they don't remember much of this attack. Not only that, Katie is clearly possessed by the end of this one and Kristy seems cool with the demon too. WTF? They mentioned being tormented as children by a demon in 1 & 2 but they certainly managed to lead normal lives despite being supposedly possessed. If so that makes the whole onset of the demon appearing in 1 & 2 seem strange if the girls are already in cohorts with it.

2.)
    The fire. The girls clearly state in 1 & 2 that there was a fire that burned down there home during there demon attack but as far as I know the demon stopped bugging them after this fire. The fire isn't in this movie at all. No mention of it or nothing despite the fact we get to see the picture in PA1 that gets destroyed in the fire supposedly of Katie standing in the driveway as a little girl being taken.

3.)
    The mom and the dad's friend. Okay so unless I misheard I could have sworn the mother wasn't dead at the time of PA1 & 2. Actually I thought she was thrown in a Psych ward or I remember something like that being said between Katie and Kristy in PA2. Now the dad's friend, didn't have a problem with him, great comedic relief, pretty tense scare scene with him but he was bitten or scratched or whatever. The past two movies made it clear that when the girls get bitten or scratched they get possessed. I guess not in this one? Oh and there is the issue that he's the only other one who knows for sure about the demon yet his best friend is killed and he does nothing? I know I'm assuming here and who knows, maybe this will be fleshed out in the inevitable sequel but that is fairly glaring.

4.)
    I think in PA 1 & 2 they said the demon followed her parents for YEARS around as they moved from home to home. This takes place in the usual 30 days of terror time frame of the last two. Katie also mentions she remembers her sister crying a lot when they where little. Umh, Kristy actually almost never exhibits fear with the demon.

A bit fanwankish of my part but they only way I could see these plot holes being filled up is the sequel focusing on the dad's friend going in to save the girls, having the mom be alive still (I mean they didn't really show her dead but it's assumed), and I don't know, have the dad's friend confront the demon in the home possibly with a priest or something, have the girls exorcised, memory wipe, boom, house burn down. It's horribly convoluted and awfully convient also and would never happen but oh well.

Overall I feel like the movie was written well up into the last 15 minutes where it just screwed with a lot of the mythology already laid out in the first 2. It felt like it was trying too hard to be shocking and while I admit, I think the ending made me more unsettled than the first two despite it being silly it was still bad.

Oh my God yes. It seems like with each movie the crowd gets bigger and louder. I felt like the audience I saw 2 with was perfect but my theater looked like it was at least 50 % young teens and they showed it. Almost every scare was followed by a good 10-15 seconds of snickering and conversation. I just read the wikipedia article on this and I read plot details I didn't even catch because of the laughter and shouting at the screen.