Paranormal Activity 2

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by kenm2474, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well..........
    You don't actually see anything happen, all you can do is assume so it's different. I just don't like to see young kids hurt on screen, in person, or any other place

2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Poor Betty :( 

Absolutely loved it ! Scares were much better than the first and I LOVE how they tied it in with the first movie. Everything just makes sense now :D 

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you got a point there, but the last scene reminded of AVP 2 . Remember when Aliens break into the Hospital Nursery? You don't see the Aliens eat them but..... it was pretty brutal. I think the Dog got it worse:( 

4. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    she's had those since the first film, those are all her's. just go check out some of the actress' pics through google.

they probably just had her character wear push-up bras/tops to show them off more in the sequel since mainly she was always wandering around the house in the first one in casual wear compared to going/being out in public like she was dressed in the sequel is probably all.

5. Ratchet2007

News Credits:
    You know, I think the scare that got me most was
    the one where she's in the kitchen in the middle of the day and suddenly the whole kitchen kinda explodes. It's awesome to see something like that happen in the day and not just at nightime

6. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the main one that got me too...it just really surprised that it happened at that time like you mentioned.

I will have to google Katie to check out her "potential"

7. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Katie Featherston = her name

8. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Does the dog die? That's the only thing I'm concerned about because I hate it when dogs die in movies.

9. Ratchet2007

News Credits:
    The demon kinda attacks it and it has a seizure, so they take it away to the vet. It doesn't appear after, but one of my friends said that he heard that it "Got put down while it was sleeping." while they were on the phone

10. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really? I don't remember that.... I thought they said she had to stay for further testing.:( 

11. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    It was awesome, and I laughed at the ending, it was just too perfect, no one else laughed though...buncha weirdos.

12. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I'm fairly sure she was referring to
    to putting Hunter to sleep.

I had fun watching it just liked the first one though I did have some issues. WALL OF TEXT INCOMING.

The scares
    yeah they're are a few more than the last one but they didn't seem anywhere near as creepy as the first films and these are more "in your face." kind of stuff too. I saw a few missed opportunities to fuck with the audience.

-The pool. Come on. Why keep going back to the damn thing if your not going to do anything with it? They could have easily gotten a shadow floating around in it or simply throwback to the first film and have some 3 toed foot prints appear again from the demon getting out of the pool.

-Hunter's toys. Yeah, they had the train but honestly, I'm sure a stuffed toy floating up in the air or being torn to bits on camera by something invisible is pretty creepy.

-Katie. I don't know why on Earth they made her seem so human while she's possessed. Mind you the instant she appears at the house I was pretty tense but they could have made her way more creepy easily. Why not get a shot of her walking up to the house? Or at least have her do some more unearthly shit besides her strength. I'm not talking full on The Exorcist but have her climb a wall, get some deep voiced grunts, claw at people, show some teeth etc.

-Glimpses of the demon. We get one shot of a shadow in this one while Ali is sleeping. That's it. Again going back to the 1st film, at least that one give us a hint that it was really monstrous looking since it had 3 toes and had claws to fuck up Micah's portrait and Katie's bite looked way more vicious than Kristies too. They should have given us a bit more, maybe a claw mark against the staircase when it drags Kristie downstairs or something.

-Being alone. Outside of when Dave? confronts Kristie, none of the unearthly things are experienced by multiple people. Part of what made the first film creepy to me was the fact that even with Micah around Katie was still attacked constantly like when Katie is nearly dragged into the attic and Micah has to yank her away.

The other thing I had an issues with was inconsistency and story.
    -Why is it that when Kristie is possessed she can't even manage to kill her husband while Katie fucks everybody up? Is it because the demon's source of power is cup size and Katie's huge tits make it thrive?

-The demon's motive. Okay it's there to take Hunter....umh didn't one of the first scares consist of Hunter being dragged up on his crib? Why not take him then? Guess it needed a host but then again...it possessed Krisitie for a while but never does anything to the baby still.

-The demon's portrayal. Okay this film obviously follows the 1st's theatrical ending so why is it that Katie doesn't have some seriously fucked up features or at least flash them a bit? She should have looked something like this for a bit at least. http://media.ideaanddesignworks.com/idw/covers/paranormal_activity/ParanormalActivity_image1_sm.jpg
    Now mind you thats from the comic adaption so its not exactly how she looked but it's close, at least to me.

-The demon appearing at all! I can follow the whole great grandmother thing but why did it chose then and there to go for the family, a whole year after Hunter's birth?

-The ending. Anti. Climatic. As. Fuck. Seriously. Nearly everyone in the audience at my showing sat there silent for the full minute? of black before the credits roll.

-The trailer. I think they did this for the first film but it's really noticeable here. I really remember one scene in the trailer of Hunter being out in the middle of the road though it could have been a shot from the basement scene.. also the shot of Katie standing in the bathroom doorway never occurs and finally the film never ever explores the whole mirror in the nursery thing. The trailers and photos hinted that something was wrong with Hunter and the dog since they weren't in the mirror's reflection and early scenes in the film kinda hint at it too but ultimately it's just a tease to nothing. Potential deleted scenes maybe.

Gahh, I'm being too much of a nitpick, most of these things can be summed up to the format of the movie since it's trying to maintain it's "realism" so it can't explain too much or go to overboard with the scares or hints.

13. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Wait, we see the Demon's shadow this time? Like, a crappy blob like we saw in the first one or a actual shadow, like and outline of the Demon itself? And if so, what does it look like?

I have to admit, I loved the first Paranormal Activity. It didn't scare me in the least, but I still really liked it. I hope this one is just as enjoyable. I might see it with my mom when my parents get back from Vegas.

14. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Just a blob again pretty much. Which is why I'm throwing a hissy fit that MAY be quited now...

SO HOLY SHIT. Just rewatched the ending on youtube. I'll link if you guys want but it shouldn't to too hard to find. Long story short.
    When Katie goes up stairs and kills Kristie when she makes the dash at her look at the mirror. I really can't tell since it's a shitty probably phone cam off of shitty youtube compression but Katie's reflection looks dark as fuck and bigger than her actual self. I'll have to wait for the dvd I guess but if it is true then I have just eaten my shit.

15. Falldown

Falldown Well-Known Member

Saw this with a few friends last Saturday and I've got to say it was one of the most boring movies I've seen in a long time. There was one moment that made people jump -
    the kitchen exploding
    - but the rest of the time I found myself waiting and waiting for something to happen and it never did.
    The ending felt really lazy like the writers just went "oh, and then she kills everyone, the end."

That was the same ending that I saw. Anyone know if there are alternates? Something a little more satisfying?

16. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Blob again? LAME. No other clues as to what the demon looks like. I wouldn't have a problem with it if they didn't hint at it so goddamned much in the first one.

I did watch the ending online (Because spoilers are nothing to me) and I have to admit it was kind of creepy how Katie kind of speedwalked towards Kristi and flung her against the camera. That's what a lot of horror movies do to me though, creep me out. Not scare me.

Also LOL, while looking up the ending I noticed that somebody put the entire movie online. Might check it out, probably will wait though.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's in Spanish.

I did however watch the 'exploding kitchen' scene. :lol  c'mon you guys, that was lame. All that happened was that all the doors opened at once, I laughed my ass off.

And I'd still bang Katie.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  17. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HOPEFULLY, we will see some type of Demon in the last flick. Even if its just a foot/Arm... something!

18. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Another nitpick I have is how inconsistently they handled
    possession. Okay so in this one, Kristie gets possessed after being dragged downstairs and into the basement. That's fine, meanwhile Katie never gets dragged into the attic yet she still becomes possessed. I guess this can be explained that the bite is the source of the possession.

19. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I went and seen it today and I think it is better than the first one. But the whole storyline made sense to me.

I've read somewhere several weeks ago the third film will take place in Japan.

20. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Those are some high-tech security cameras. How could a middle class family afford a 2 million dollar security camera system?