Paramount Pictures Declare Transformers: Bumblebee Is Solidly Profitable

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 10, 2019.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Thank God THAT'S over...:D .

• Like Like x 11
  3. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    Lorenzo di Bonaventura then immediately pushed Bob Bakish over and started ranting about how he doesn\'t understand reboots

• Like Like x 28
  4. Venixion

Venixion Member of the notorious Pew-Pew Posse

News Credits:
    That's good. I guess this chick really wants her due though huh?

5. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

Good lord it made over $600 million on a $217-260 million budget and was a $100 million loss?! That means they what? Spent nearly or over $400 million on advertisement and what now? That’s ridiculous!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mattymo

I’d rather listen to Lorenzo talk about reboots and his thoughts than the constant bitching about Blitzwing looks like Starscream or how they’ll ruin beast wars or other crap that keeps being said on here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019 at 3:58 PM
    • Like Like x 3
  7. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it. Def touting all the female firsts which I couldn't give a flying crap about because gender is meaningless, only the quality of work matters and I never thought women weren't capable of being amazing leads or writers if they wanted to, like anyone on earth.

They all clearly did a great job.

I think that whole blitzwing thing is silly because it looks nothing like blitzwing. If they didn't want him to be Starscream, just name him something else? Any new character made up name wouldn't have done anything to hurt the movie. Calling him blitzwing when he has no blitzwing look to him at all, nor even shows a tank alt mode is just lame. But whatever, def barely anything worth getting bothered about because the movie did so much else right.

• Like Like x 5
  8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    This is a good thing. I keep saying over and over again that the old formula of Bayformers just wasn't working anymore. Fatigue had finally set in and TLK was an absolute bomb(Even though the movie was objectively terrible I honestly found it more enjoyable than DOTM and older). But Bumblebee is great. Travis Knight remembers that a good movie starts with a good story and making people care about the story and characters. I loved Bumblebee. I feel it's legitimately the best Transformers movie to date. I'm glad that Paramount is happy with it and I'm hoping that Transformers is moving in a direction that cares more about telling a decent story with decent characters rather than the no substance eye candy of the older films.

• Like Like x 18
  9. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    That's because of Breakeven. 50% to 75% of that $600 million goes to Theaters, Distributors, Co-Production (HuaHua Media) and as Royalty Fees for Hasbro. Basically, Paramount only saw $160 Million out of that 600.

• Like Like x 13
  10. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    I mean, I'm indifferent either way. He was in the movie for all of, what, 5 minutes? 7, tops? If y'all are spending your time here complaining about a character who only shows up for that long, well...

At this point, it's honestly still too early to say. It's 100% up in the air, I'll bet, regardless of what Lorenzo "TFW's Whipping Boy Despite The Fact They've Never Met The Guy" di Boniventura's got to say.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mattymo

theaters don’t get a lot. They get less than 10%. That’s why concessions are so high. That’s their money. I worked as one when I was younger. They get make money off snacks not the movies themselves

• Like Like x 3
  12. Furnace

Furnace Ant-droid at a picnic

In my head, I just parse it as "Blitz-Wing", which strangely makes it easier for me to see this guy as a brand new character.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Mattymo

Wel you’re not gonna get one, especially on a fan forum. Just wait for an actually announcement becuase nobody here is going to give you an answer

14. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Chinese theaters keep up to 75% of ticket sales from a foreign movie. That's why estimating a proper breakeven is so difficult these days. We don't know who keeps what.

• Like Like x 6
  15. MINDVVIPE

Actually you touched on something that works quite well which is that he is simply a different Blitzwing. The lore has already self recognized the concept of two different bots having the same name, which seems natural as humans in real life have the same situation. So yeah.

As for complaining about a character that's there for just a short time, I think that's a weak arguement as it is to say that you must limit the attention and focus you give to your criticisms based on the duration of on screen appearance in comparison to everything else in the movie. I consider (or try to if it's a good movie) every piece of a movie I watch, 1 second or 1 hour long.
    (But I get it, it wasn't super critical to the overall narrative.)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Mattymo

Is that how you survived the first five? iron-hide, Cross-hairs, star-scream, lock-down, jazzzzz, bumble-bee, Mega-tron?

How about this: “he doesn’t look like the original character, but that’s okay. Things can change and be different and I don’t have let it bother me becuase it’s iust one version”

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 8:08 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Thank god

• Like Like x 3
  18. BIGGUY007

BIGGUY007 Well-Known Member

Lets hope this means we will be getting more live action Transformers movies down the road. I can foresee at least two Bumblebee sequels forthcoming.

• Like Like x 11
  19. Rockdown

Rockdown Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I thought that the TLK had made a profit!!! It actually made a whopping loss of 100million:-o

20. MINDVVIPE

I don't think it's okay but I'm not gunna lose sleep over it either. If you use a well known character, then include their iconic elements at least to some degree. Anyway, not trying to get into a whole thing here.

• Like Like x 1