Paramount is taking the extra step to stop piracy of the Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    From a reliable source and theatre manager:

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, they're definitely going the extra mile.

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hm, I thought that was going to be about the pay-per-view idea.

4. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    All I can say is haha Im seeing it on Thursday, a full half a week before a majority of members on here!

5. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

It is sad that they have to go to such great lengths to stop people from pirating the movie, but that is the way it has to be.

6. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    Nice! :)  Glad to see they are trying to do something more about piracy

I myself will serisouly be all over anyone on the net trying to share this movie to anyone else. I dont care who ya are, I'll be ratting ya out and hoping you get fined and thrown in jail ;) 

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I feel better now.

8. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Good for them. I am guessing a great opening for this film, of course, this is coming from a fan. :) 

9. panda

panda Well-Known Member

it will still be on the net no later than thursday 2 reels or not it goes togeather at sompoint to watch the film . is the manager going to sit up in the booth with the reels

10. dkhighwind

dkhighwind Member

Not really. Hollywood does this all the time, especially with movies they expect to be big money-makers. First, movies usually come in more than one can anyways, so it's not too hard to just ship a second can seperately with specific instructions. Second, special locks, combinations, etc. are themselves not uncommon. The usual method for preventing theft is generally just shipping the movie under a fake name, like "Far Side of Avalon" or some random thing like that.

This is.... actually not a very bright move. It's important to screen a movie before audiences get the chance to see it to insure there are no problems. One of the most embarassing things I've ever seen was LOTR: Return of the King on opening day with three of the reels out of order (each movie is made of reals which are about 20 minutes long, if I remember correctly). This helps insure there's no damage, soundtrack problems, reel problems when it's put together, or various other things that can happen.

Bad call, Paramount.

11. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    I went to my local supermarket today and this dude walked up to me and said that he is selling the DVD for the new Transformers movie. I was like "HUH?!" I thought I misheard him and maybe he said the 1986 Transformers DVD but he showed the DVD cover and there was a picture of the new Optimus Prime. I was shocked! I told him to play the DVD to show me the type of quality of the movie. I wasn't the REAL movie! They just paste all the footage from the trailer and tv spots together and made it look like it was the movie. I laughed so hard, my dad taught I was going crazy. Piracy are a normal thing in Malaysia but I'm so against it. It turns out one of my classmates have actually bought the DVD from the SAME guy! He was so mad, he actually broke the disc into a million pieces by hitting the disc with a hammer! So kids, don't buy pirates goods, especially DVDs, they suck!

12. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...it would also have helped if they didn't make some markets wait a month to see it in cinemas.

13. polymorphic

polymorphic Bumblebee tuna!

I still haven't figured out Hollywood's ignorance and refusal to use common sense. If you want to sell more tickets to the theaters and stem piracy, or at least reduce the effects, give an incentive, like charging maybe $20 for a ticket where you see the film in the theater and receive the DVD as well. Or simultaneous DVD/theater/HD download via Bittorrent/iTunes, etc. There are countless other ideas out there.

Why would you download a dark, muffled cam or telesync version of the film when you could pay $15 to download an HD version? Personally this is the first movie I will be going to the theater to see since Saw 2 and probably the last for another 5 years.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I not be a pirate meself, but since she be showing down under and other stops along the Seven Seas I be betting there be pirate copies on ye old interweb already.

To get out of the pirate lingo I just don't see this as more than one way of stopping just one way that films are pirated. On some films pirates have even managed to steal copies of the film that went out to critics so a lot more needs to be done if they hope to stop the something for nothing crowd. A nice bit of jail time might help.

15. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What about hidden cameras brought into the theater?

16. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So when is the actual date this is gonna be released now? July 4th or 3rd? I was gonna go to a midnight showing, but I don't know when the hell it's playing now!

17. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Hope these measures pay off - For some reason, piracy annoys me far more than it probably should. I just get riled by the arrogance of some people: They seem to have a "nobody's being hurt so I can do what I like" kind of mentality. Go and shoplift then, see how far that get's you.

18. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    The release date, in the states, is the 2nd July as Bay talked about it a lot yesterday. As for this stopping the leaks, it appears that they may already be too late although Paramount are still investigating, from what I'm told.

19. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As a former projectionist I agree. Even the best of projectionists make mistakes and it is better to find those mistakes when the employees watch it instead of a couple hundred paying customers. Some mistakes (like reels in wrong order or put on in reverse) can take a half hour or more to correct.

20. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Reminds me of something weird - a friend of mine went to the Sydney June 12 premiere and said there were riot police down the front of the cinema with night vision equipment, obstensibly to see if people were somehow recording the film with a hidden camera or cell phone.