Customs: paper on plastic?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by dark69, Jun 6, 2008.

1. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    can you glue paper on to plastic?
    i have a logo i want to print out and glue onto my starscream but will it work and look ok?

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    that's what a decal is, by definition man. most don't use outright glue, but that will work just fine. I'd recommend you put a clear-coat over them to seal them down and protect them when you're done, though.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Also, test your adhesive paper and your clear coat out together first. Some papers hold ink differently and sometimes clear coat can act conversely, destroying your label work. I've had it happen, and it's not fun . . .

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Definitely. One way of avoiding leakage of ink when clearcoating could be to use a spray varnish first, but that depends on how porous a paper you use and how water-resistant the ink is.

5. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    There's some near stuff by Krylon called "Preserve It" for about $3.00 a can at most craft stores, even WalMart. I use this on my water slide decals, to help keep the (water-based) ink jet ink from be affected by any humidity/water/ etc.

You might as well buy 1 sheet of the label paper, pretty sure Kinkos or local print shops will sell it by the slice.