Palisades Transformer Statues & Diamond Select Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by frostct, Aug 25, 2008.

1. frostct

frostct New Member

Palisades was, and in my opinion, still are the coolest most detailed transformers statues ever made. I was wondering if anyone knows these 2 questions: 1) Are the artists/sculpturers from Palisades currently making the Diamond Select Transformers mini- busts? and 2) Palisades has a statue of Red Alert on the back of the 6" Megatron piece as "coming soon". Was this piece ever produced? See link below for Red Alert photo . . .

04.JPG - SDCC Exclusive Palisades 6" Megatron Statue - TFW2005.COM

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I've never seen a Red Alert... pretty sure it never made it.

3. evilash

evilash New Member

I have always been a big fan of the palisades transformers as well. wish more people had them displayed in their collections. I think they discontinued business in mid 2006 and their website now goes to factory x. sadly i've never seen a red alert either.

4. Code

Code Banned

Ebay:
    I only got ONE palisade statue, but I am hella enjoying it :D 

5. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. No, while I don't know who the sculpers were for palisades Mark Wong has done most of the Diamond busts. I don't know who the artists are for Diamond I know that Primus from this board did some of the art for Palisades, as did George Tremarco.
    2. Red Alert/Sideswipe was cancelled so Devastator could be made before Palisades went under, but it did not work and Diamond ended up releasing Ravage & Devastator.

I posted pictures of all my Palisades statue here in the TFW galleries.

6. frostct

frostct New Member

Palisades Red Alert

There must have been a few made or some proto types. The picture on the back of the Megatron should prove that there is at least one Red Alert made. I know of a 12" Soundwave and a 12" Acree proto-types that were made and are actually for sale on Ebay. They are not painted though . . .

See links below:

12" Acree Prototype

Transformers Prototype Arcee 12 inch Statue Palisades - eBay (item 220271939905 end time Sep-20-08 13:32:53 PDT)

and

12" Soundwave Prototype

Transformers Prototype 12-inch Soundwave Palisades G-1 - eBay (item 220271939873 end time Sep-20-08 13:32:47 PDT)

7. frostct

frostct New Member

Rare "Unproduced / Unreleased" Palisades Transformers Statues

Here are some Rare "Unproduced / Unreleased" Palisades Transformers Statues that were never released. I would like to know if anyone knows of anymore? Mainly the Red Alert (see link w/picture of Red Alert Mini Statue "coming soon" on the back of the Megatron 6" AP box). I also have heard about a Sideswipe that might possibly exist.

Red Alert (back of 6" Megatron box)
    04.JPG - SDCC Exclusive Palisades 6" Megatron Statue - TFW2005.COM

12" Acree Statue Prototype
    Transformers Prototype Arcee 12 inch Statue Palisades - eBay (item 220271939905 end time Sep-20-08 13:32:53 PDT)

12" Soundwave Prototype
    Transformers Prototype 12-inch Soundwave Palisades G-1 - eBay (item 220271939873 end time Sep-20-08 13:32:47 PDT)

Any feedback?

How do you post the pics instead of just the links?

8. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've watched those statues for over a year on eBay. Doubt they'll ever sell at those prices.

The Red Alert statue has never been seen publicly, although from a conversation I had with a former Palisades employee (not Corndog, but he is one as well), the Red Alert and Sideswipe were next on deck and had made it to the hardcopy stage. The protos for them - if they still exist - have never surfaced so far.

9. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt the prototype for Red Alert made it all the way to a prototype. I know Sideswipe was never mentioned just guessed since Red Alert was coming. Either way I am glad they went with Devastator instead. I will post some pictures I saved later when I get home of some Red Alert digital art.

10. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed, it really is magnificent; although seeing the prices it fetches these days, I wish I had bought two when it came out!

11. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have one myself and I wish I had got 2 as well it was offered to me for 179.99 and I passed on it. A lot of palisades statue I have are from one of the palisades employees which is why they are Artist Proof's. He still won't sell me the Sunstorm AP but I do have most of them.

12. Kolektor

Kolektor Member

these are awasome statues I actually have the entire collection including the 12 inch arcee unpainted prototype they are truly awsome

13. UNICRON-WMD

UNICRON-WMD SOUL MACHINE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, this is one old ass thread. lol

I have been collecting TFs statues since the beginning. I have somewhere over 30+ of them including both 12" Hard Hero's Meggy and Prime and also Palisades Devastator.

I remember getting Devy off of ebay for $125 because the seller didn't have pics and his description sucked. It is such a great statue.

14. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    Pitted Devy against the omega Supreme Diamond released sometime after Dev. Same style and everything. look Perfect together.

I also recollect an big Prime head and Megatron head just before the Matrix was released, but they changed the size of the heads for the mini busts. Too bad, really wanted the big OP head.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I spent a pretty penny on the Devastator statue several years ago, but that's all I've gotten so far. Really considered getting the ones for Prime, Megatron, the Seekers, Shockwave & Soundwave as well, but ultimately determined they're just way too expensive for display pieces. Actually thinking of selling my Devy statue soon. It's a work of art and I love that it's hand numbered limited edition, but it simply doesn't have a place to go in my current collection.

16. UNICRON-WMD

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Omega Supreme does look great next to Devy but he is too small and with Devy having the base, it makes it even worse.

17. UNICRON-WMD

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is kinda a bad time to sell it. A year or 2 ago, he was worth $800-$1,000+. Now with Giant and Hurculies coming out, he only sells for about $400-$500.

18. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Holy shit, it went for that much a couple years ago? Wow. Well, if I get back what I paid for it if I decide to sell it, that'll be good enough for me. But thanks for the info!

19. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I only have the 12 inch Prime. He is a really cool statue.

20. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]