Palisades Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Incepticon, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Palisades Devastator Statue

Just wondering if anyone here ever managed to get the Palisades Devastator statue? I'm not normally a fan of TF statues, but since this guy is something like 12" tall and seems to look pretty good in web pics, I'm looking for more info about it.

So to anyone who has it: is it as good in person as the web pics make it look? Good detail and stands stable when displayed?

Thanks!

2. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    *bump*

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    now those are some cool display pics man :thumb 

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Awesome! Thanks for that, ams!

6. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Well I got my Palisades Devastator last night, and holy shit, what a truly amazing figure! I seriously cannot believe the amount of detail that went into this guy, nor the sheer weight & size of it! Absolutely worth every penny... and then some. Possibly one of the best TF purchases I've ever made in fact.

However, I got a problem that hopefully someone like AMS can help me out with...

The right leg (Scrapper) does not fit into the base mold slots as it should. Its alignment is off by literally 1mm at the very front of the foot and just won't slide into the slot the way it's supposed to. The left leg (Mixmaster) fits perfectly, but obviously I don't want to display it incorrectly or slightly crooked.

Any advice of what I should do here? Since this thing is made of polystone (whatever the hell that is), I'm not assuming there will be any bend/give to the leg itself without just breaking. Should I perhaps try to chisle away that extra 1mm in the base slot, or is that a bad idea?

Any advice is very welcomed! Thank you.

7. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

My LCS got one in and it was very impressive. It was gone the first day.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Awesome display. Palisides Dev looks awesome and almost in scale with the pvc's.
    Those pics makes me want him more than anything

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm no kitbasher, so I'm probably the least qualified to answer your question, but here goes...

Mine *almost* has that problem - the Scrapper leg is a very snug fit. I would think some light grade sandpaper would be a good place to start, just taking away tiny tiny layers until you can work that peg in there, then smoothing it out with a fine grade paper.

If one of our more experienced modifiers wants to step in with a better idea, you won't hurt my feelings. :) 

10. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Hehe, well the reason I singled you out is because you're apparently the only other person (actively) on these forums that also has this statue.

Either way, thanks for the input. I might post a "sanding polystone" query somewhere just to cover my bases here, and ask a modeling shop what they recommend I do.

11. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

The statue is truly impressive not only because of size but because it got out to retail at all. Palisades did not technically release it. The factory sold it because they already had the molds and stuff. I suppose it's technically a bootleg in that the company that made it did not release it, but the factory made it as if the company had told them too. Werid stpry, happened with at least 2 other products.

Anyway, good to know the paint apps are good on it.