Minor/Repaint: pairadocs design lab - Protoform NEMESIS PRIME!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by pairadocs, Sep 18, 2007.

1. pairadocs

pairadocs Well-Known Member

Been wanting to do this for a while, since I did my Protoform Optimus Prime. Took me a little while to get another Protoform Prime for the base, then I got engulfed in a few other customs.

Nemesis is, of course, largely a Protoform Optimus Prime... but I wasn't happy with the Protoform Optimus Head. It didn't seem suiting for Nemesis. Then I found a die-cast Fallen, and a bell rang! I made a resin casting of his head, and then added some ear fins with some styrene, and added in a Gundam balljoint system. His new head now completely replaces the original, and can be posed all over the place!

I then fitted him with two new hands, interchangeable with his right arm (using posts that click in). The first, a laser cannon... the second - a Dark Saber arm! What's Nemesis Prime without the Dark Saber, right?

I started with a base coat of metallic black, then added dark blue metallic accents, and then all the other dark metallic detail. Nemesis has all those cool glowy blue segments, so I worked those in as well. I took some creative liberties, since there's no real version to reference off of.

What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jimmyjimjim

Jimmyjimjim Well-Known Member

Very, very well done! I really like the use of a more traditional prime head on the Proto Op body, creates a good contrast of sorts.

3. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

Astonishing! :D 

4. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Yeah the head makes it look good

5. AdamWojcieszak

AdamWojcieszak Well-Known Member

sweeet

6. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Great color scheme and sculpt pairadocs, what color is his chest? It looks like dark purple but also looks kinda metallic brownish. Your customs are always my favorites as you put a lot of detail and your presentations are second to none. :thumb  I have a second Protoform (check out my first by clicking my sig) but I am not sure what to make, I am thinking about the ratchet protoform out of the comic though. Anyways great job.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    That is badass, and epic, and epically badass in a nature that is badass and epic.

8. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    NIce! Love the add-ons, especially the sword.

9. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    that's awesome...puts mine to shame

10. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Very nice, the black/silver contrast is sweet!

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This is one of my favorite pieces that I've seen you do (and your others are very nice as well). Being a huge Black Convoy/Nemesis Prime fan, I think my only suggestion would have been to make the sword red (or could you make another to go with it perhaps and keep the purple sword as well? Having options is always nice :) ). That's not a huge deal for me because I think the purple sword works well too. Keep up the nice work, man! :thumb 

12. pairadocs

Many thanks to everyone! You're all very kind, and I appreciate your compliments very much!

TonyzCustomz - it's actually a dark reddish-purple metallic. Depending on the light, it can look more purplish at times, and reddish at others. The metallic reflection can make it look altogether different and brownish in photos.

Superquad - red sword? I thought the Dark Saber was purplish or pinkish? At least that's what I remember, and I could only find one reference pic online, and it was pinkish. I hate pink... so I did it purple. Is it actually red?

Thank you again everyone!

Here's some more new pictures I took:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    From TFW2005's own RiD Forever site (*ppst! look to your left for the link*):

[​IMG]

This is the first incarnation of the character, Car Robots Black Convoy (note the Destron symbols on the shoulders instead of the Decepticon symbols that the RiD version has). The sword Takara used is a bit more pinkish than the one Hasbro made for Scourge in RiD:

[​IMG]

Now I understand that both of these images have some PS work to each of them, but the difference in color really is that stark if you have the two toys side by side. Also, being that this is one of my favorite characters, I understand that there are many incarnations as well (and I'd confidently tag Black Convoy, "Scourge", and Nemesis Prime as one character at least in the sense of the character idenitity). This being said, I'll go back to what I originally said that the sword really doesn't bother me, if for nothing else you were taking creative license (which is tops in my book), but since you asked I thought I'd reply :) 

Regardless, I commend you again; great work :thumb 

14. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Cool, man, that head and paint sceme works very well with the mold.

I do, however preper a red sword, like RID Scourge has, but you've made something unique and the purple does go well with the paint sceme.

Nice job!

15. pairadocs

Ah, thanks for the schoolin' superquad7. Yeah, we'll go with the creative license thing. I think I like the purple more, since it fits in with the "evil opposite" theme I was going for overall. ;) 

16. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Not a problem buddy; :thumb 

Creative license is a good thing when done well; this would be a textbook example I'd like to think (and the custom overall). I continue to commend you for your sharp work and presentation :wink

17. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's really nice, one of the best Nemesis Prime customs I've seen. I'm glad you got creative with it rather than slapping black and teal on the mold and calling it a day.

18. pairadocs

Thanks ktulu! Yeah, you won't find me slapping black and teal on something and calling it good.

Plus, I hate the color teal as much as I hate pink. Ack.

19. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Loving the paint job, but seeing G1 heads on movie figures always looks jarring to me for some reason.

20. pairadocs

Thanks Dark Convoy! I see what you're saying... I've seen it on others and thought the same... I tried to tone it down some to blend it in the body a bit more... but I definitely hear ya.

I appreciate the feedback man - maybe if I try something like this again, I'll try rounding out the head a bit more to make it more "movie-ish."