Customs: Painting scratched off paint marks

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SaberBurst, Sep 18, 2010.

1. SaberBurst

SaberBurst Guardian

(I posted this same thread again but in another location, the right location) Hiya guys, I wasn't too sure where to post this topic but when you lot repaint one of your figures, whats the paint manufacturer you use? I was just wondering because the grey-ish paint on my CaC Rodimus on his right knee/shin pad is scratching off. And I've heard Games Workshop paints are pretty good and I've already checked they're list of paints and they have a paint called Codex Gray, so I think that could be quite good. Thanks!

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    What is the "CaC" rodimus? I'm not familiar with that abbreviation and can't think of what it could stand for.

3. SaberBurst

SaberBurst Guardian

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

GW paints are great, though i can't vouch for Codex Gray itself, i've never used it. Judging by the ones i have used, though (which are mainly the Citadel Colour and Foundation lines), it should do fine. Just remember that they were designed for the tabletop gaming market, so durability wasn't exactly the thing they were made for.

5. SaberBurst

SaberBurst Guardian

Thanks for the helpful reply! I'll probably go into store one day and pick the Codex Gray pot because the colour for the CaC skin/knee pad grey colour looks quite similiar with the Codex Grey.