Customs: Painting Joints so the paint doesn't chip off

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by PorkChopKB, Jan 7, 2010.

1. PorkChopKB

PorkChopKB Bay Harbor Butcher

News Credits:
    how do you guys paint the joints so that the paint doesn't rub off when transforming? I seal them using the FFW but am just curious as what you guys do.

Thanks, Ken

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sand for clearance and make sure that stuff doesn't get stuff when transformed. Best advise I can give ya pal. And I want to see Menasor in person before you sell that MOFO bro.

3. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    For joints I try to dye them so I don;t have to paint them or since every TF is usually repainted at least 3 times I try to find the color scheme with the right color plastic in the joints so I don't have to paint them

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Depends on what type of joints you are referring to. Ball joints, good luck. My advice: Don't paint them. Way to hard.

Pin (Swivel) joints: Don't think they would rub too much. I paint them just the same way i would paint anything else.

That's about it.

5. FartRipper67

FartRipper67 Well-Known Member

Usually sanding them down prior to painting does the trick.

If all else fails thought, I put a thin layer of super glue over the parts in question and let it dry. It helps protect the paint, but it's really hard to get a smooth coat.

6. PorkChopKB

PorkChopKB Bay Harbor Butcher

News Credits:
    I am mainly talking about pin joints, the joints on demolisher used for custom devastator. the shoulder joints that fold up into him that has the cab of the dump truck. those type of joints are tight and the paint comes off no matter how much sealer I put on. I am afraid to sand them down as to make joints too loose. the ball and socket joints don't get paint on my end. I usually don't.

7. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hing joints I wouldn't worry about to much about ken. Just paint over them, and just make sure you don't glop (?) the paint into the joint itself to much to where it fuses the parts in place. Thats what I'd do any how.