Customs: Paint

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Nicky, Jan 16, 2012.

?

I have a question about scratched paint on an anime colored Masterpiece Starscream

1. Scratched paint on Masterpiece Starscream

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Touching up scratched paint

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nicky

Nicky Member

Hey everybody. I have a question about one of the painted areas of a Masterpiece Starscream. I'm talking about the anime colored version. Ok, so I'm transforming my Starscream but I got a little irresponsible with it while doing so and I ended up scratching off some of the red paint on one of the front "abdominal" sections. I'm talking about the sections that you have to swing up from bottom to top for transformation into jet mode. Thankfully the scratches are slight but still nonetheless upsetting. I mean it's not like these things are fully stocked on store shelves. My question is, does anybody know what shade of red and kind of paint was used to paint these sections? Naturally I ask because I want to do a little touching up. At the very least I want to be able to match it as closely as I can. I realize that this is a real far shot but I know that somebody out there knows how to take care of this problem. Thank you to all.

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think you may be better off looking for a junker with the damaged pieces in this instance.

3. Nicky

Nicky Member

Thank you for your advice. I had thought of the same thing myself but unfortunately there aren't that many junker MP Starscreams laying around that I'm aware of. I went on ebay (naturally) and didn't find anything. By the way, I'm totally new to all of this posting and everything and when I first clicked on your post I noticed something that said "I don't break the rules". I responded to it thinking that you were responding to me and I asked "what's that suppossed to mean? If it means what I think then that doesn't help me". Just totally ignore that. Like I said, I'm new to all of this and I'm not quite sure how to use it yet. Thanks again.

4. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Glad to help! I think you'd be surprised if you started looking through the Junkion Exchange and the Junk Pit on our site. Also posting a Wanted thread in both forums would maximize your search. You can always still try to match the paint or repaint part (which would be my suggestion, I think) so color matching wouldn't be an issue.

As for my user details, it's from this:

[​IMG]

G1 Tech Specs FTW! :cool: 

Also, welcome to TFW2005.com :thumb 

5. Nicky

Nicky Member

Hello. Now I see what you're talking about where your user details are concerned. What's funny is that when I first read that quote in your first response to me (that was the only thing that I saw) I thought that you meant that you don't break the rules where transformation is concerned. In other words, I thought that you were basically saying that you follow the instructions so that things like my scratched paint resulting from incorrect transformation don't occur. That's funny. But anyway, thanks for your advice about the Junkion Exchange and Junk Pit sections and thank you for your generous welcoming of me to the website.

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Glad to help! I hope something works out with you and your figure. MP Starscream is one of my favorites! I'd also like to get the new one coming out, but we'll see!

I'll transform toys how they were designed for the most part, but Hasbro has even officially said that they don't necessarily want to tell their consumer base how to play with their products. As for instructions, a running joke with the local TFW group here in NC is how I never use instructions on how to transform my TFs. The irony is that I've been collecting vintage G1 instructions. Post G2? I rarely even open the sealed bags, and the current booklets just go in the totes :)