Paint Test Shot Prototype Megazarak with WORKING ELECTRONICS!!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by SashaShame, Jan 30, 2010.

1. SashaShame

SashaShame Fusion Cannon Repairman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170439527051&ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT

There it is!! I have gone nuts!

I'm selling my painted test shot prototype of BotCon 2004 Megazark. It cam factory installed with working electronics! (Specifically: "The power is mine!" chip.)

I can only confirm the existence of 3 in the whole world (although there may be 12-20). And this is the ONLY one I know of that has working electronics!

I'm selling another Golden Ghost!

(This auction will start @ approximately 4pm PST.)

Attached Files:

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Your listing seems to have been removed, d00d.

3. SashaShame

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad you said so, but no, actually it hadn't started. If you look carefully in my previous post, I mention it's starting at 4pm PST... you just looked before it started!

Anyhow, I'm glad you wanted to see the listing! If you click on the link now, you'll get there just fine!

4. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

Good luck with that price...he is neat with working electronics...but that is alot of money to be asking for a "testshot" with working electronics...when FUNPUB officially announced that the production ones were made without electronics to save on cost...I think that was kitbashed from the electronics from a galvatron...But anyway good luck with that sale...

5. SashaShame

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, you can only take my word for it that it's not a kitbash when it comes down to brass tacks. I really did get the real deal, but insert previous comment here.

For the sake of conversation, assume it is the real deal. The best other proof I can offer as to its autheticity is the difference in paint/materials. If you look at the auction, I've got more pics there that compare the two directly. The most notable differences in my opinion are the silver effects where there is white on the produced mold, and there is extra detailing in places like the tank treads.

Your comment strikes an ironic tone with me in that many many many people gave me similiar doubting good luck wishes when I sold the black Optimal Optimus prototype (1 of 2). I don't reasonably expect it to sell the first time around, nor the 4th or 5th. But eventually, I am confident that it will sell.

Also, although it's not much of a percentage, I am donating a portion of the proceeds to the American Red Cross (15% to be exact), so a successful sale means that not *all* of it will go to my creditors! ;) 

But coming back to the point, I have a TON of prototypes all garnered from authentic and reliable sources; often from the factory itself, so to speak.

I would like to say, if you see other Megazaraks on eBay (or anywhere else), please contact me as I can help you spot a fake from a zillion miles away. The first thing to look out for is silver versus white paint. Secodnly, and more subtly, the chest logo on the face plate switch is unpainted on the test shot.

Thanks for your comments though! No one should reasonably pay $1000 without doing serious investigation, and I applaud the criticism!

6. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

that is all and nice...i just have NEVER seen a testshot made with electronics when the production line is sans electronics...what is the point?

And we all know paint apps can be removed and redone easily...radicons have displayed that many many times....And i am sorry if you took offense to my comments...I was not implying or saying you faked it...It just seems to me...as why would someone have made a testshot with electronics when the company ordering the TF's distinctly did not want them installed....and again good luck with the auction.

7. SashaShame

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I took no offense whatsoever! :)  That's the one true hitch of an online conversation in that the nuances from one's voice can't always be duplicated in written form... or at least not as easily.

If I understand correctly how the production Megazarak came to be, it originally was supposed to have electronics, and they were going to have a different phrase for him to say. However, the cost factor came in, and that pretty much took care of that.

Along the cost factor lines, there were also supposed to other exclusives made for the OTFCC 2004 (various retools) that just never got released. Too bad, the pics of them look awesome!