Minor/Repaint: Paint Test on Classics Ramjet's Gun

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Obvious Prime, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Hey guys, I've never been too good at repainting things, especially TFs, but I thought I'd give it a go. Before doing anything major, like repainting an entire figure, I thought I'd start out with something small.

Here's Classics Ramjet's gun, repainted in a sparkle orange paint. The paint is an enamel.

The paint is still wet, and I will be clearcoating it as soon as it dries.

Well, enough of my rambling, here's my first attempt at repainting! Let me know what you think/where I need improvement!

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey man, it looks like you're off to a great start. While I've seen some guys who've never touched this craft before and jump in on a huge project with success, my normal recommendation is to start off small. This way you can get a good litmus test of whether it's something you want to do based on how well you enjoy the process and your results. If you end up with something you're not satisfied with, you can cut your minimal losses, move on, and no real big deal. If you find out that you really like it, well, you've taken something relatively small and made something cool out of it.

So far, it seems you're on the second track :thumb  Keep us posted on your work! :) 

3. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Thanks! :D 

And BTW, my next project will be getting a second Acidstorm and removing the camo.