Customs: paint splattering

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Sideways, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Sideways

Sideways Banned

hey Radicons!
    I'm working on a repaint of the Optimus from Animated "The Battle Begins" two pack into a custom character.

I'd like to give my repaint the appearence of having blood splattered all over his body. What are some ways I can achieve this? * I don't have an airbrush.
    -Dom.

Attached Files:

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    On old action figure repaints/customs I did back in the day (Prophet and Crypt from Prophet and Youngblood), I just used some red testors enamel and just stabbed it down onto whatever I wanted "blood" on. These characters were notorious for having blood everywhere and all over them, so I splattered the enamel paint onto their weapons and their bodies. It turned out really well--you can even straight up paint it a bit, but to get that splatter effect, you can just try what I mentioned.

This is just how I did it about 10 years ago on some action figure customs, so I'm not sure if there are other ways to do this--I just did what I could with 'em. I don't have them here with me, otherwise I'd post them for you to see (they're stored back home in my old house). Good luck with it, man.

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I use an old toothbrush and 2 shades of the color. 1st coat is heavier and darker, 2nd coat a little lighter, and a little less of it.

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

Do you run your finger/thumb across the bristles to make the splatter effect, or do you have another method I can learn! :D BTW guys, wear a rubber glove with the thumb method!:thumbs2: <---(see, not red)