Customs: Paint selection help :) for repaints

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by PrimulArchangel, Jul 8, 2007.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all , im planning on doing some repaints of the the WST Dinobots .. I want to do them in the G2 colors.. I need to find out the correct colors for them though and im not sure what there names are. I will have to order them online so ill need to know the Maker of the paint as well as the colors name that they sell it under.. I know alot of you all do repaints and Kitbashes so i thought you all would be the best people to ask.. I want to get them as close to orginal G2 color as possible

I already own the G2 green convention exclusive of Slag so i wont need his colors.

I need the colors for

G2 Grimlock blue version.
    G2 Snarl Green Version and Red Version
    G2 Slag Red Version i think its the same red color as the G2 Snarl Red version

Any help would be great :)  Ill attach some pics below for reference

Thanks in advanced guys

-Curt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    anyone ?:poke 

3. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    anyone ?:poke 

4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    Man, you're just gonna have to play it by best guess.

Not gonna make the second G2 Grimlock eh?

5. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Chicks dig the Mutt!

News Credits:
    Man, you're just gonna have to play it by best guess.

Not gonna make the second G2 Grimlock eh?

6. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Sorry man..I can't really help you. I mix my own paint colors myself. It's cheaper and easier that way, I say.

7. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Sorry man..I can't really help you. I mix my own paint colors myself. It's cheaper and easier that way, I say.

8. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I looked around online and only found the Blue version of grimlock, i never knew there was another version for him for G2 , you got any pics of him or know where i can find a pic ?

Thanks for the replies so far , i think ill try and match the colors up on the testors web site or something lol... Ill give it a shot that way .. thanks again and any help with that second G2 grimlock Picture would be greatful..

-Curt

Edit.. i just did a second check and noticed that one is a darker blue then the other lol , i did not notice that before lol , thanks for pointing out a second version , i would have never noticed that lol ....

9. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I looked around online and only found the Blue version of grimlock, i never knew there was another version for him for G2 , you got any pics of him or know where i can find a pic ?

Thanks for the replies so far , i think ill try and match the colors up on the testors web site or something lol... Ill give it a shot that way .. thanks again and any help with that second G2 grimlock Picture would be greatful..

-Curt

Edit.. i just did a second check and noticed that one is a darker blue then the other lol , i did not notice that before lol , thanks for pointing out a second version , i would have never noticed that lol ....

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Both Slag, Snarl and Grimlock had g2 versions that were basicaly their G1 versions with the G2 logo on their legs. You could do those. But then again, the change wouldn't be drastic enough.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Both Slag, Snarl and Grimlock had g2 versions that were basicaly their G1 versions with the G2 logo on their legs. You could do those. But then again, the change wouldn't be drastic enough.

12. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah i seen pics of them , they look the same except for the logos on them .. Im just gonna do the colored versions of them. Ill already have a full set of grey versions.

I figure for each grimlock version i will use Colbolt Blue for one and Turquoise for the other

For the Red Snarl and Red Slag ill use Insignia Red or Cherry Red

and for the Green Snarl ill use either Green Metal Flake or a color called Hellgrun RLM 25 , i found them listed on the testors site on there color chart and they seem to match pretty good so ill choose between those..

Just got to choose what i want and then order them... Then i got to hunt me down some more wst dinos lol I already have an extra Snarl so if anyone reading this has some extras , Im in need of 2 Grimlocks, 1 Slag and 1 Snarl lol

13. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah i seen pics of them , they look the same except for the logos on them .. Im just gonna do the colored versions of them. Ill already have a full set of grey versions.

I figure for each grimlock version i will use Colbolt Blue for one and Turquoise for the other

For the Red Snarl and Red Slag ill use Insignia Red or Cherry Red

and for the Green Snarl ill use either Green Metal Flake or a color called Hellgrun RLM 25 , i found them listed on the testors site on there color chart and they seem to match pretty good so ill choose between those..

Just got to choose what i want and then order them... Then i got to hunt me down some more wst dinos lol I already have an extra Snarl so if anyone reading this has some extras , Im in need of 2 Grimlocks, 1 Slag and 1 Snarl lol

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    It's a real shame that you have to order them online; the first thing I've done at virtually every place I've lived is track down a brick and mortar hobby shop. It makes color comparisons a whole lot easier. Also, nearly every Hobby shop (as well as some Michael's Arts & Crafts stores and Hobby Lobby) should have a nice, big selection of testors paint from which to choose; Hobby Lobby usually has a lot better selection of Model Master paints than Michael's, though.

Have you tried using Hobbytown USA's store locator? or Hobby Lobby? Both are pretty big chains and might have a store near you.

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    It's a real shame that you have to order them online; the first thing I've done at virtually every place I've lived is track down a brick and mortar hobby shop. It makes color comparisons a whole lot easier. Also, nearly every Hobby shop (as well as some Michael's Arts & Crafts stores and Hobby Lobby) should have a nice, big selection of testors paint from which to choose; Hobby Lobby usually has a lot better selection of Model Master paints than Michael's, though.

Have you tried using Hobbytown USA's store locator? or Hobby Lobby? Both are pretty big chains and might have a store near you.

16. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i actually have a hobby shop about 30 min away but they think there gods gift to man kind and there prices are insane.. 5 to 6 bucks for a thing of paint that i can buy online for 2.99 from the testors site. They always double there prices on almost everything they sell lol , so buying online isnt much of a difference.. Seeing how i still got to get my hands on some extra WST Dinobots, it wount be a big deal to have to wait for the paints to ship lol...

17. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i actually have a hobby shop about 30 min away but they think there gods gift to man kind and there prices are insane.. 5 to 6 bucks for a thing of paint that i can buy online for 2.99 from the testors site. They always double there prices on almost everything they sell lol , so buying online isnt much of a difference.. Seeing how i still got to get my hands on some extra WST Dinobots, it wount be a big deal to have to wait for the paints to ship lol...

18. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Aight, that's fair. It's the price difference that I wasn't quite processing.

Well, hey - you could always be sneaky and go to the hobby shop, write down the names of the colors you like and go order them online. :cool: 

You be all like "Huh? No, Mr. Salesman, I'm just admiring the colors of these paints."

19. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    Aight, that's fair. It's the price difference that I wasn't quite processing.

Well, hey - you could always be sneaky and go to the hobby shop, write down the names of the colors you like and go order them online. :cool: 

You be all like "Huh? No, Mr. Salesman, I'm just admiring the colors of these paints."

20. IRONHIDE 2007

IRONHIDE 2007 POWER ISN'T EVERTHING!

hey i know where you can find those colored transformers,go to http://www.unicron.us/tf1993/

EDIT:its in the 1st part!

EDIT:you can't buy them!