Customs: Paint rub,its going to get worse.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Lt. Faceless, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I've talked about turning SKyhammer into Vortex and was worried about the parts rubbing together.So,i started on Swindle first to get an idea of the paint turnout(before i ruin Skyhammer)and the parts that rub are crazy on Swindle.I'm using Kryon White primer and yellow(the made for plastic cans)and its thick,would a clear coat make it worse or reduse it? Skyhammer is a very indepth transformer and his parts would rub really bad,any tips on getting around this?

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

You can do some minor sanding on the high rub areas. I normally don't bother since rub is inevitable (unless you dye or leave it factory).

3. Lt. Faceless

I will be dying some parts of Swindle black and that will help.Its hard to use any other color for dying but black.If only there was a way to get the plastic white.

4. Satomiblood

Can you provide pictures?

5. Lt. Faceless

Not at the moment.there isn't anything to take a pic of right now,i'm still just testing the colors.Once i have an idea of what i'm going for,i'll have better pics then.What about Clear coat? would that help?

6. Satomiblood

I'm not sure. I kind of have to see the bad rub spots and also see how well the paint adhered to the plastic.

7. Lt. Faceless

It seems i got around the rub problem.I'm going to pick up a can of clear tomorrow and see how that does just to make sure.