Customs: Paint questions

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Digilaut, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Hey everybody! I have a question..not too sure if this is in the right forum, but seeing as you are all skilled with the brush, I think this is the best place to ask.

I'm not into customizing my TFs at the moment (might do one or two in the nearby future, who knows :) ), but I'd like to know some information about paint for TFs.

The thing is, I have a couple of TFs that have shoddy paintjobs on their faces. I don't really care if a TF comes out of the factory with a couple of painting mistakes, but when they are on the face, they really bug me out.

I'm thinking of fixing this 'damage', but I need to know what colors to buy that match the original paint. I could try to find out myself but since I bet most of you have some experience with some of these characters or painting colors you already know what manufacturer, color name / color code I need to buy.

I need to fix the faces of the following TFs:

Animated Deluxe Ratchet (blue face) - factory painter went rambo, there's red splatter all over.
    Animated Deluxe Jetfire (off-white face) - scratched beneath the mouth and it's bugging the hell out of me!
    Animated Leader Ultra Magnus -need to fix the blue stripe around the eyes.

I'm a bit worried I will mess up with painting a wrong color, so better safe than sorry!

Thanks in advance!

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    might I suggest you peruse the Tutorial section? We have guides on painting, paint-removal, etc.