Paint issues with United Grapple & Lugnut

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jigga, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi, I recently went to Asia and bought United Grapple & Lugnut. And I noticed a lot of paint app issues with both toys. I was lucky enough to inspect the ones I wanted and picked the best one. The problems I found with United Lugnut was that he would have sloppy paint on the gold cockpit part and the black and yellow paint around the vortex. The bigger issue is with Grapple, 90% of the ones I saw had issue with the head with paint chips showing the black and the orange was a very poor match for the body. Secondly, the front silver grill had paint rubbing off already while its in the packaging. Talking to most of the sellers in Hong Kong they said this is a common with this run of the United Grapple. So I'm just wondering if anyone has come across this issue with their United Grapple or Lugnut?

And I would like to add that I feel RTS Grapple is a nicer toy with way less paint issue as I picked that up as well from here. But United Lugnut is way better then RTS Lugnut. Pics does not do United Lugnut justice, he looks really good in person and the colours really pop.

2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    DAMMIT!

i ordered two united lugnuts from a seller in china that were shipped earlier this week...i really hope they don't exhibit these paint problems...

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I saw in another thread that someone was having some major paint issues with their United Bumblebee where the gold paint was chipped to hell. I wonder if it's a problem across the whole of the United line?

4. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Unexceptable at the price they cost.

5. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I only have Tracks and Jazz, but they're both flawless.

6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

So they cast the head in black, then sprayed it orange?

Or do i misunderstand?

And yeah, i'm hoping my United Lugnut didn't come out too bad.

7. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

I have United Megatron, Bumblebee, and Jazz so far and there have been no paint issues. I always buy multiples too to try to cover myself in case there are issues and both examples of each have been fine. No major issues. I had more problems with Henkei toys.

8. Goshjosh95

Goshjosh95 Decepticon

News Credits:
    Got my United Lugnut (along with Tracks & Jazz), & they are perfect paint decos... no scratches or dings or chipping. I also inspected my United WFC Megs, Drift & voyager Megs last night... no probs. As far as I can tell, no production problems across the board, but I have United Grapple in my POL & will let you know if there's any issues... Sorry to hear about your Lugnut & Grapple!

9. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the United figures I have bought are alright.

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I didn't notice anything like chipping on Lugnut, but I did think the paint was applied unusually sloppy. It doesn't really bother me though.

11. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes United Grapple head is cast in black plastic like the RTS one and then Taktomy painted to try to match the body. The orange doesn't match well IMO as the orange is too light and not deep enough to match the plastic. Sort of like classic hasbro Sunstreaker how the yellow hood didn't match the rest of the yellow body.

And just to clarify, I didn't have chipping on any of my toys but I did see a lot of grapple with paint issues on the head and front silver grill. And a lot of lugnut with poor and sloppy paint applications. ON the other hand, my united Megatron, Tracks and Jazz were painted beautifully. But I also saw a few jazz and tracks with paint issues. I think the issue is more of a qc problem with taktomy. As all the figures I picked had good paint apps but I also saw a lot that had issue with Grapple and Lugnut being the most outstanding of the bunch.

12. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    When I went to toysrus (japan), I too noticed most if not all grapples had paint chipping on their head. So far that's the only qc issue I've had with the united line so far.

13. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just received in the mail yesterday United Grapple, Lugnut, Megatron, Drift, Jazz & Tracks. No paint issues at all whatsoever. All joints were nice and tight, even the clip systems w/ weapons had no loose issues.

So glad I went with the United figures. United Jazz makes RTS Jazz look like a KO in my personal opinion. It's even better in person than pictures. Actually, that goes for ALL of the United figures.

- Gregg

14. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    The man knows whats best, United FTW.

15. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I got United Lugnut today and have no problems with him at all.

16. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    *bump*

Yellow paint on mine is just a bit sloppy.

17. smokey420

smokey420 auto-con

I just opened United Lugnut, no problems at all, great paint job, I have United Grapple in box still, now I'm scared to open him

18. Noeldj

Noeldj DEVZ

Got un 14 Lugs paints 100%