Customs: Paint Chipping

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by wipeyourfeet, Jan 16, 2008.

1. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    The paint on my customs chips really easy and it annoys the hell out of me. The joints rub real easy and when I'm putting my custom back together lots of paint chips of. I want to be able to transform my customs but the wear means I can't do it without having to touch it up every time. The problem is most prominant around the ball joints. I use thin coats of paint and I have tried the superglue coating method Jin's tutorial recomended. Is it the paint I'm using? I use the paint from Games Workshop. Citadel I think its called.

Any help much appreciated.

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That paint is really meant for miniatures but I don't think it should matter. Have you sealed the parts before hand with future or krylon?

3. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

Have the parts been sanded thoroughly? If so, maybe try using an adhesion promotor on future work. It helps the paint grip into the plastic like a bastid. Alls you need is a quick mist to do the job.

I see your from the UK. A good brand out there is U-POL. If not, Germany's Wurth company also makes a high quality product. These adhesion promotors, as well as etch primers, can be purchased at any autobody supply store.

4. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    I'll try sealing them now. The pieces are all smooth and sanded but I like the sound of an adhesive promoter. *To my local Hobby Store!*