Paint Apps!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Movie PRIME, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok so I have a good sized collection of Classics, and Henkei Transformers (22 of them) in a big battle scene up on one of my shelf. Today I decided to take some down, and mess with them, but when I looked at them I saw something. The paint apps of the Hinkei seemed brighter, and more metallic then those of the Classics.

Dose anyone know why? Is this the "evil" lead paint we keep hearing about? Or is Hasbro just too cheep too use this level of paint on its Transformers?

FYI If your looking at your Classics/Hinkeis right now don't look at the Black of Sliver paint as they seem the same its all the other colors that seem affected.

Thanks
    Movie Prime

2. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Takara, by charging a hell of a lot more for their toys, can get away with luxuries that Hasbro can't.

3. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So its just higher quality paint then?

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Hasbro charges $12 now for their toys, which were marketed for kids.

Takara charges $20 for their Henkei! line, which is targeted towards collectors.

Same figures, manufactured at the same factories in China. Takara budgets for more paint plus chrome.

And it's not just paint. If you look at the grey parts on Inferno (head, hands, bumper), there's actually metal flake in the plastic.