PAIN? Anyone? Bueller?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone else played the PAIN PSN game? I never thought that such a simple concept could be so addicting. I mean, you launch a guy into a city and see what destruction he can cause.

One thing to note, hehehe, there is a hotel in the background called Coral Essex. If you knock the obvious letters out, you get Oral Sex. Obviously it doesn't reward you for that, as it is a E for everyone game... But that, along with making the Doctor Billboard throw the finger at the city are nice touches.

I do wish the game had more cities or places to destory... An ammusement park, for example

Anyway, for those who have played it... There is a UFO refecting off the Bowling Ball when you knock it down.. Has anyone been able to actually find and hit the UFO?

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i was tempted to buy this, looked like burnout crash mode, but with people.

3. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Coming from someone who still lives in the dark ages of gaming, is PSN the downloadable content portion of the PS3? Meaning that it's unavailable until I upgrade?

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's exactly what I thought, but it is 100 times funnier. Especially when you aim at something, launch the guy, and not realize that there is a pole in the way and he gets clothlined badly. You can control his flight, so it's not guesswork, but still, you tend to get into BAD accidents.

Yeah it's through the store.

5. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Thanks for the confirmation and quick reply!

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    It definately looks amusing. I may wait until they put it on special for 5 bucks like I did with Everyday Shooter. I also have my eye on SuperStardust.

7. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I bought this when it first came out. It's good but I agree about other environments. It's hard to tell what your goals are sometimes. I like it though. Haven't played it in a while.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I play it while I'm on the phone and just launch him wherever things looked untouched and clean, and then out of nowhere I get achievments. One thing I did notice is that if you launch and aim him into the center smoke stack in the factory, he launches up like a rocket and you get a Superhero achievement.