Packaging tips

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by Wyvern, May 23, 2008.

1. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I plan on selling some of my loose stuff in lots. I'm just not sure what will be the easiest/best way to package them. Anybody have some suggestions/tips??

2. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

1.) Use the USPS Flat Rate shipping boxes to ensure safe, cost-efficent sending.
    2.) Always use bubblewrap and/or newspaper.
    3.) Make sure all items are exactly as described.
    4.) Place each TF in its own Ziplock baggie to avoid nics and paint chipping.
    5.) ALWAYS provide/purchase a tracking number when sending.
    6.) ALWAYS request a tracking number when purchaseing.

3. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All that advice is good except I wouldnt just use USPS flat rate boxes because the toys being sent could only cost 4.60 or so in a normal priority box but in a flat rate it will cost 8.95.. Flat rate is best to use if you are packing something small and heavy or a large quanity of bots in one box that will weigh alot... Plus flat rate boxes are not very big.. I find its alot cheaper to send in the normal priority mail boxes. You can save a buck or two. If you have a scale at home you can actually find out the shippings costs on the USPS site and make it easier to choose how to mail your stuff..

Just go to the post office and ask them for a bunch of different priority mail boxes, they have a few different sizes perfect for sending loose or boxed figures. Or you can order boxes free online from the USPS site , you dont have to pay a dime for them not even shipping.. But also grab some flat rate boxes because they can come in handy if you are sending off a buch of smaller G1 size figures that have some weight to them from the diecast. If something costs over 9$ in the normal priority boxes see if it will fit in a flat rate box and only pay 8.95.

Also if you print out your shipping lables online at the USPS site then you will get free Delivery Confirmation.. You can either pay the shipping online or just print out a shipping lable and pay the shipping at the post office .. Either way you will save 60 cents or more that way because delivery confirmation is free if you do it this way..

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Wow. Thanks for the information guys. This is way more than what I expected..

5. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Agreed! Flat rate is NOT the way to go. In my shipping experience flat rate is almost always more. I always print my labels via the paypal "print shipping label" option.

Also make an excel spreadsheet to track all your sales and the status of the sale. Number the sales in the sheet. This way you can number a box and pack it for a shipping quote, before you need the actual shipping label. if the sale falls through just replace the old buyers info with the new buyers info in the spreadsheet.

I hope you have better luck then I'm having :) 

6. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Honestly, there is some good information here. If you plan on selling a significant amount of figures, order a scale off of eBay. They're cheap and you can weigh the box and contents while printing postage online. USPS gives you a discount for printing online (aside from the free delivery confirmation) and they will pick up any reasonable amount of packages for free via carrier pickup. It's a great deal.