Packaging from RobotKingdom

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by keebs, May 28, 2010.

1. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

I've purchased items from tfsource, BBTS and digital-toys before and I was pleased with the way the items were wrapped to prevent damage. I"m condsidering buying from RobotKingdom but I was wondering if they package their items so that damage is unlikely. Bubble wrap, cardboard, etc? Good experiences, bad experiences, indifferent?

2. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my expierence is the packing was not so good. theres no bubble wrap or any type of cushion. just flat in a cardboard box, at least for the larger items. the small items i dont know. i ordered a huge and thats the kind of packing i got. but lucky they came ok because the shipper took care of the box. but i was very worried that things could have gotten damage inside. but as for that transaction it was good because my items didnt get damage by good luck.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've never had any kind of problems with their packaging. Everything I've ordered from them has arrived in good shape. It's been a little while since I ordered from them so I can't remember how meticulous the packaging was (nowhere near TFSource, who are in a league of their own for me), but everything I ordered, be it large or small, arrived in great shape. I think some, if not most of the larger items (basically any MISB toy I've picked up from them, rather than the MOSC stuff) had the thin plastic wrapping covering it too.

The only reason I don't order from them more often is everything I get from them needs a signature confirmation and someone isn't always home every day to sign for it, and I hate having my stuff sit at the post office for awhile since I don't have time to get their before it closes to pick it up.

4. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Everything I have purchased from robotkingdom has came packed in sheets of foam and nothings been damaged.

5. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's been a few months since I ordered from them, but I had no problem with their packaging. My items arrived in great condition.

6. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, the last things I ordered from them was Henkei Dark Skyfire X2, and they came nice and bubble wrapped, and packaged very secure. I was also surprised at how fast the package arrived.

7. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    for smaller items you should be fine. only the larger items get packed sloppy to save on expense. dont forget they do not take returns because of the expense sending the items back overseas. the other thing i was worried about is customs for the bigger orders. i would only order from them if i cant find it in the big usa online dealers.
    but on the bright side you will get your items in less than a week. they shipped super fast.

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not for me. I ordered the Buster Prime/Jetfire 2 pack and it was bubble wrapped with foam packing material.

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Since we're on the subject, I gotta question from previous RobotKingdom purchasers about preorders.

This is the first time I've ordered from them, and I preordered Animated(o) Blackout back about two months ago (when they still had a preorder open for him). Do they e-mail you when they ship it or anything? 'Cause he's out overseas now, I'm wondering when Robot Kingdom will start to fill the preorders.

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yes, and they will send you a tracking number too.

11. zfeakye

zfeakye Starscreaming Slut

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no prob so far for me with RK...fast shipping and items are not damaged in any way.

12. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    i guess you cant go wrong with the perfect record so far. no matter how they pack the items. so far so good. so until someone replys with a damage item. i guess your go to go.

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Ah okay, thanks for the update. Guess I'll keep my ear to the ground and if I start hearing other people talking about receiving THEIR e-mails/tracking numbers, THEN I'll start worrying.

14. frilly toothpick

frilly toothpick Decepticrumb

i ordered from them last month, and the box that arrived was pretty smashed up (i hear the hong kong postal service is brutal with packages) however robotkingdom did pack my items with crumpled up newspaper, so my transformers arrived unscathed.

15. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

Sounds good. Thanks for the replies

16. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i emailed them late last night and they quickly replied:

i am perplexed by this. this is my first pre-order from them.
    but if they send ship notices, i won't sweat too much.

17. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've never had a problem with their packaging. My PE Frenzy/Rumble set arrived in a giant box with a packing material-to-product ratio of like 20.

18. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Don't get me started on Robotkingdom.

Will never use again.

19. mac&cheese

News Credits:

??????? at least tell us why? good or bad, i still want to know. because i might order from them again in the future. so i want to know ALL expierences good or bad.

20. oxidative

oxidative last chance to evacuate

Just received my first order from Robot Kingdom and other than the fact that they sent me the wrong tracking code, seemed to forget to ship my order until I asked why the tracking read "delivered" with nothing in my hands, and the 30 day wait, the packing was surprisingly good. Secured with solid styrofoam and well cradled in the box. The start to the order wasn't great but I'll most likely order again. I'll give them a pass for not shipping my order. Once the order did ship, it took 4 working days to get to me. They have some pretty decent prices, even after shipping, compared with BBTS or TFSource. Not always to be my exclusive retailer (and you can't beat the Pile of Loot!).

We'll see how the second order goes though...