Package gets returned to the store/seller?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ComicGuy89, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello all, we've all bought a lot of toys online, but sometimes we're not in and the mailman is unable to deliver the package. Usually the local mail service would give a certain deadline for collecting your parcel. For example, USPS gives you a total of 15 days, while UPS tries to deliver about 3 times, before they send the parcel back to the seller or store you got it from.

While I've never had to experience this, I was curious as to what happens IF your package really gets sent back to the store or seller? What is the general policy of sellers? Do they refund you, re-send the item, or charge you for another round of shipping?

I hope I got this question across, it's something that I've always been rather paranoid yet curious about, and please let me know if I need to clarify anything.

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i understand the question totally, im like you, ive often wondered too. though i have no clue, im super paranoid bout getting my stuff right when delivered or as soon as possible

3. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    So...nobody has any idea?

4. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Don't the mail service provide you a notice to inform you to arrange for another delivery time or to collect it at the post office?

Our local mail service does that. When the 1st delivery is not successful, the mailman will post a delivery advice notice to inform you that you can collect it at the post office the next working day, or to call them to arrange for another delivery.

So returning of parcels should not be happening too frequently, IMO, as you should be procided ample time for your parcels to reach you.

5. omega145

omega145 Autobot

Ebay:
    That is up to the sellers discretion. I'm sure that it would also depend on how much the product cost and how much shipping was charged initially. If a small item was sold for a few hundred than my guess is that most stores or sellers would reship at no charge but if they sold you an item for 20 bucks that was medium sized than they'd probably charge you actual shipping costs to get it resent.
    Some sellers also charge restocking fees if an item is returned to seller then not sent back.

6. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    So it's a case by case basis then. If the seller restocks, and then charges you for a restocking fee, will they still refund you the price of the item, usually?

Thanks for your help.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    USPS never gives me 15 days, hell, when my figma luka arrived i BARELY got it, and that was about a weeks time, they kept putting the notices in the PO box instead of my mailbox at the house, so i didn't know it was there

8. omega145

omega145 Autobot

Ebay:
    If you are charged a restocking fee then you are refunded your money.