P/CP News! Finalized SG Cyclonus previewed at Club site!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Icespark, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    I still think they could have included remolded hands considering that the Cyclonus figure is expensive as well and contains no remolded parts. The cost of the hands for P/CP could easily be made up from the sales of the Cyclonus figure.

Remolded hands or no, I still want the figure and would love to get my hands on one.

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    :lol  pun intended, I assume. That's a good point about Cyclonus, but only if FP sells both for the same price... which I think they will.

3. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You think? I'd bet P/CP will be more. I call $47 vs. $35.

4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Cyclonus will be $42 and P/CP will be... $65.

I hope I'm wrong...

5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Also assuming that FP makes the same number of each figure (and expects the figures to sell at about the same rate).

Not too much of a leap, but worth noting.

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Just renewed the old membership. Looking forward to Dion and P/CP not buying Hot Rodclonus unless he's on sale for $10

Also I was kind of thinking that the hand switching for P/CP could be avoided if you gave him 2 left or 2 right hands. When you turn him around only one hand will be off and that hand can hold his gun, which would sort of hide the backwards hand. I have plenty of extra lambo hands so this won't be a prob for me (unless the FP version has red hands). Also might just buy two of the figure anyway

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  7. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dion shipped is part of a $40 membership. I don't see any excessive paint apps to add to the cost of Cyclonus. So I cant see it costing more than $40. If it didn't come in a box I'd expect $25-30. With a box $5-10 more.

More than that and I'm out.

Punch hopefully no more than $50 unless it comes with a comic.

8. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Airazor is a deluxe with a new head sculpt isn't it? It was $42 for members so I don't see why P/CP would be higher. P/CP is a deluxe with a new head sculpt. Cyclonus may be cheaper than $42 since it's a straight repaint.

9. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was also 2 years ago. I'd factor a little bit of inflation & the falling dollar into this.

10. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also I think the head was one or two pieces. Guessing, PC will be three, two for he head and one for the visor.

11. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well judging from the fact they still have Airazor and have discounted it (when bought with Astrotrain) that $42 was overpriced. But ok factor in a bit of inflation I don't see PCP being much over $50. I also do realize PCP seems to be popular so the club might take advantage of that and jack up the price so for that reason I won't be surprised if it's higher. But going strictly on previous price, 2 years inflation, higher cost of plastic, etc PCP shouldn't be anymore than $50.

12. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    Yes, pun intended. While puns may be the lowest form of humor, they are so much fun.

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Airazor & Astrotrain were discounted because they made far too many of them (2000 each-- honestly, what were they thinking?), so they have tons left. It really doesn't have anything to do with how much it cost to make them-- I'm certain they're losing money with these recent sales (though not as much as if they would have kept them at their original price and thus ensured they sit in warehouses, of course).

Assuming they don't come with a comic or anything, I'd expect factoring in costs that both exclusives will be $45-55 each, with PCP being at the high end of that, SG Cyclonus at the low end.

14. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think if they are good about the market research and notice how much interest are in P/CP, they should produce more of these than the usual that they do and sell them at a lower price. I think if they are at price points of $30-40, people are likely going to buy excess of 2 plus because of wanting one MISB and one displayor having the con and bot version on display at the same time. The sweeps sold out instantly at botcon because of the low price point/figure. The rest of the 2009 botcon stuff were harder sells.

Feel like they are waiting people out to renew their membership before releasing the price points on these figures. Most people probably had a membership that ended around now since Botcon registration was around this time last year. I don't like how they are handling that, but I guess they need the memberships.

15. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    where are the preorders!!!!!

16. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I was just checking my Sideswipe and Red Alert, and I don't think I'll have a problem with the hands on P/CP. So kudos on a good decision, TCC!

Besides, they're alien robots. Counterpunch can have his thumb below the hand and it'll be fine. :D 

Oh, they have a budget. Several, I'd say. There's a reason why Fun Publications is still in business after all these years. And it's not like they raise funds via preorders prior to production, so a budget is expected.

-airfox

17. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Okay guys I think we are all dodging the real and most important issue for discussion here now, which is: Who gets the right way up hands and who gets to be the freak job Punch or Counter Punch???

18. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Overpriced, in terms of what people are willing to pay for it (a very important factor), I'm totally willing to grant. However, we have never known what FP's cost on these figures has been. It may be that the $42 price gave themselves and extremely low profit margin, and they're actively taking a loss on the whole deal now.

If it actually cost them $40 to make (I'm not saying it did), I'd hardly call $42 overpriced, even if no one would pay that much for it. A lot of folks don't call the Classics Ultra Magnus armor overpriced, for example. (Some do, of course)

Are you sure about that? I mean, certainly some work has already been done, but it's not like the figures have already been produced at this (prior to pre-order) point.

That's not mutually exclusive with having a budget, of course.

19. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Can't be sure, of course. But FP usually takes pre-orders when the toys are actually in production or close to production, and they're close to shipping from China.

I don't know if P/CP is actually in production, but I guess we can be sure that the new tooling is done (or close to done), and that FP/Hasbro/TakaraTOMY have allocated space in the factory's schedule for the production, which leads me to guess that something must have already been paid.

-airfox

20. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Isn't it natural that Punch gets the regular hands and Counterpunch gets the counter-hands?

Of course, that's only for people who don't want to remove & switch the hands between robot modes.