Owners of both G Giant and Hercules? Which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by G.I.EDDIE, Oct 8, 2012.

?

Owners of both G Giant and Hercules. Which do you prefer?

1. I own both and prefer Giant

55 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. I own both and prefer Hercules

46 vote(s)
    22.1%
  3. I do not own them both

107 vote(s)
    51.4%
  1. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    At one point, i could've sworn the poll leaned heavily towards Giant, right now it's 50/43 towards Giant.

I've got, and appreciate, both at this point...but Hercules feels a bit more toylike.

2. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Argh. I already had Hercules and bought Green Giant after seeing so many awesome pictures. I finally played around with them over the Thanksgiving break and after giving it another week... I pretty much agree with everything Sidbeckett wrote. I really wanted to love Giant but the fiddlyness just throws me off. :( 

3. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks man. I thought long and hard, but finally decided to just get Yellow Giant. I know Herc is a great figure, but I chose Giant for a variety of reasons (price not being one of them since they basically cost the same here in Hong Kong), and these are reasons prior to actually having Giant in hand.

1) I prefer Giant's look over Herc
    2) I prefer Giant's alt and robot modes over Herc (in general, from reviews and pics)
    3) I prefer Giant's size over Herc. I want my Devy to scale with Fansproject combiners
    4) I was turned off by the possible QC issues of Herc (meaning I don't want to have to deal with these)
    5) The yellow option was available (one I went with, eventually)

Herc seems to be an awesome figure, and I'm certain that a lot of you guys are happy with him. But I voted with my wallet, and I voted for Giant.

4. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Sorry man.

To be fair, having Giant displayed combined has really made me appreciate him more, but I doubt I will ever transform him again.
    Giant is a great statue, Hercules is a real fun toy.

5. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I'm currently 2/6th of the way to completing Hercules. Hopefully that'll change come 2013. After that, I'll most likely buy Giant. From what I've seen of them all, I have to say that I think they're both very good. I do think none of them pull off perfect robots, although the Giant guys probably have more decent bots than the Hercules team. That said, I still like the look of both.

I do want to get a yellow Giant (just because then it'll be a different colour, and it also makes it easier to justify chucking down that large chunk of money), but the extra features that green Giant has is making me lean towards buying that version instead (which, honestly, kind of sucks, because I'd love to have a G1 and a G2 Devastator on my shelf that are both quite different. I guess I could get an actual G2 Devastator to go with my G1 one, but that's besides the point).

6. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Points 1 to 4 are the same reasons I went with Giant over Herc and the lower price made it an easy choice. TFC Constructicons never got me excited while MT's version had me from 1st look.

Much like FP Colossus, I doubt I'll ever sell Green Giant unless I literally needed the money to buy food...