Owners of both G Giant and Hercules? Which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by G.I.EDDIE, Oct 8, 2012.

?

Owners of both G Giant and Hercules. Which do you prefer?

1. I own both and prefer Giant

55 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. I own both and prefer Hercules

46 vote(s)
    22.1%
  3. I do not own them both

107 vote(s)
    51.4%
  1. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hercules.

I'll say this: Giant looks more like Devastator.
    I'll also say this: Herc looks better than Devastator.

It's just something about Herc's giant, chunky, cartoony silhouette that I love. This is without the Rage kit. I actually think the rage kit makes it worse. They nailed it the first time.

Also, Herc is just more fun. The toys on a tactile level are more inviting to play with. Giant is sharp, hard, and detailed. Handling it is a bit...abrasive. When the two are sitting there, I reach for Herc first, every time.

And yes, Giant is objectively more detailed and complex on the individual figures. Still...I just like the way the individual team members looks on Herc. Simpler yet better.

And so nobody gets the wrong idea, Giant is still OMG WTF BBQ amazing.

2. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

Yeah, I only own Giant, so I don't feel I should weigh in on this particular discussion.

3. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Good gawd man!...AWESOME post!...I've never heard it so well put in such few words...

4. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    HERC LOOKS BETTER THAN DEVASTATOR!!!????? You must be talking about the ROTF one right?

My thoughts...

I like the Herc bots for the size and the G1 feel they have.

I like the Giant bots for the ANIME feel they have.

I like Giant for the G1 Gesalt mode, proportions, and the shoulder treads.

I like the Herc gesalt mode for the size.

I don't like Herc for the tiny long haul and while I appreciate the tread arms, thats not what I want on my Devs.

Giant could be a bit bigger. Would love to see a masterpiece scale giant.

Giant is staying in my collection for gesalt mode.

If her stayed, it would be for bot modes.

5. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

I agree. Herc is by far the best looking devastator to date. So in essence he does look better than devastator. Again just all opinions. Dont take it so personal when someone states their opinion.

6. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    who is taking it personal? I know not me. I'm offended that you would make such statements...:)  That is sarcasm.

7. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

Well said, well said, 100% agree except for one thing: the Rage set. The Rage set looks really good with upgrades--like what GI Eddie did with the arms...but that means effort and/or additional money and you're right, the stock Herc is AWESOME and has a Cache that Giant just can't quite match. Hard to explain.

I'm just so UNBELIEVABLY HAPPY we have both. :) 

In the end, neither Giant nor Hercules is the winner--we, the Fandom, are the winners and true beneficiaries of these amazing figures.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I respectfully disagree with you opinion. Giant looks better in my eyes.

Ugh, I think I just threw up a little. Too saturday morning here. :p 

9. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like giant's more G1 look and better scaling to colusus & aerial appendage team (& presumably with upcoming menasor). I much prefer his spring loaded locking connector joints & more detsailed sculpt. That being said, I am still impressed with herc's bulk & superior size & playability (working pistons & fully articulated shovels blades, mixing drums etc...) I bought in (literally & figuratively) to Herc from the beginning & then just recently got Giant. If I had gotten giant first, I don't think I would've gotten Herc though. Even though giant is a little more complex to transform, I'm never scared breaking him down that I'm causing damage to the conecting pieces as I am with Herc & if you've got the rage set on & are trying to get it back apart good luck. I pulled hook right off heavy labor trying to pull exgraver off lol! & don't get me started on heavy labor hips, even after replacement, I still only have one good hip... RK sent me a replacement though, so hoping I'll get 2 good ones out of the new set.

10. apooh812

apooh812 Well-Known Member

I prefer Hercules because their bots looks more G1. Their alt mode are more playable and more functionality. I love Hercules size also.

That's just my personal opinion.

11. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess I'm now in the minority... but I really enjoyed how Hercules was pretty much a self-contained Gestalt. Namely the Tread Arms. I thought that was a great way to avoid parts kibble. The giant fists were the only real kibble on them...

Also got a new reason to like Herc More... a G1 Omega Supreme redeco/retool for the Energon Mold. Herc stands a head shorter, so he's about to scale with his G1 Rival. Giant would stand about two heads or so, being he's shorter than Herc.

12. MasterpieceMP33

MasterpieceMP33 Well-Known Member

My option doesnt exist.

I was blown away by green giant when combined but not so much the individual bots. I prefer the herc bots individually.

13. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

When does that one come out?

14. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hercules is the 1 I would perfer to have but I would be happy with either of them if I could afford it right now.

15. bandicoot

bandicoot Member

just ordered my giant which should arrive next week. then i'll be eligible to vote! yay! currently leaning towards giant based on pics alone. i'm a "g1 or gtfo" guy and im not too impressed with the added creativity on herc from TFC

16. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  17. djao99

djao99 Well-Known Member

hi anyone selling their GI eddie's hercules roaring face? pls pm me. thanks. :) 

18. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I voted that I don't own both. But, since I do own one of these two guys, I feel I have a right to share exactly why I thought long & hard on them both, & chose wisely (based on my own collection & needs for the character).

I've always been a huge fan of Devastator (among a handful of others). I have a complete G1 Devy back home @ my mom's house in Florida, still standing proudly on a shelf.

When TFC rolled along & shared early teasers & shots of Hercules, I thought to myself, "oh hell yes, it will be mine!". For the longest time, I had plans to somehow try to get these guys. Only down side is I was out of work & still on the job hunt at the time. The more I saw of Herc, the more I loved it. I wanted to try & sell off some of my collection or even some of my customs to try & get this sucker. Well, the time came & I had just started working again (after being out of work for a few years to help care for my fiancee's parents.....her mother who is disabled & her father who passed from cancer in 2010). I ended up making the hard decision to pass on them, since bills & getting settled into everything was more important.

Around this time, we were seeing early MakeToys Giant shots & teasers. I thought, "damn, this one looks great also! Gotta have it!". After thinking long on the two, I began to research every single image, every bit of details I could dig up on them both, & made the choice to try for Giant based on a couple of reasons.......one, being price & two, being a much better "G1 Devastator" look for Giant. I could have saved & gone with Herc, but I chose the one I felt fit my collection more & the price helped a bit, considering I'm not made of greenbacks. lol

I set out to start saving for Yellow Giant. By the time the first two came out, the money I had saved went to emergency shit........like fixing up parts of my truck, doctor junk, etc. I finally made the harder decision to just give up on owning Giant (or Herc, for that matter). By the time I had enough dough again, all the sets were out (the third had just released) & I figured I could still try.......until I realized the first set was sold out, the second soon followed, & the third was still fairly new, but did no good without the other two sets.

I had heard & seen shots of Green Giant, so I held onto hope they'd have the sucker eventually for purchase. I kept up with that sucker religiously, saved like a mofo, & I'm proud to say, I finally own it. And let me tell you, it was WELL worth the wait.

If I had the extra cash, I'd also pick up a Herc, but since Giant fits so well with my customs & my collection, I felt that's really all I needed. Now, I know I don't own Herc & haven't held him in my hands, but based on looks, proportion, height, etc......Giant still fits in best with my Classics bots & collection. I'm honestly glad to see that both Herc & Giant have sold so well......& not only that, the fact they were both made so damn well. These two guys alone have raised the bar for 3rd party figures (along with Hegemon).

Hopefully you guys don't hate on the fact I only own one. I voted honestly & felt the need to share my reasons why I chose the way I did. It wasn't all about the money, but it did play a small factor. Overall, it was the better proportions & G1 look that sold me on Giant. Just an opinion from a fellow fan/collector. :) 

19. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    ANYONE is welcome to share their thoughts whether or not they own both...I just ask that people vote fairly and accurately...I added the "I don't own both" so that those fellas could vote AND share their thoughts... :) 

20. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Hercules is more fun because it is more simpler and larger. Giant is so complicated I am afraid of breaking a little part off. It also looks a little bulky in some places. Hercules has the proportions just right.