Owners of both G Giant and Hercules? Which do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by G.I.EDDIE, Oct 8, 2012.

?

Owners of both G Giant and Hercules. Which do you prefer?

1. I own both and prefer Giant

55 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. I own both and prefer Hercules

46 vote(s)
    22.1%
  3. I do not own them both

107 vote(s)
    51.4%
  1. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

Wow herc has a ton of aftermarket support for him. Does giant have any upgrades from other 3rd parties?

2. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

That's probably the most unflattering pic of Herc I've ever seen. I have Herc and think he's great. This pic looks shitty.

Needs a new head. The derp head is unusable, but the other head is also lacking.

3. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

I think he's great too, I haven't had mine in combined mode all that much, since I think the individual pieces are so great, plus I have loseness in Heavy Labor's hips and in the MadBlender knee joint which makes posing him a bitch, until I get around to trying to doctor him up, but I don't know if I'll be able to look at him the same way now.

4. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Oh, and there's the Excellent Toys alternate heads, as seen in the Hercules Megathread.

I kinda like the smirking face, and may end up getting that set, though it looks like it's $40 for two heads? ouch.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    What????

6. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Yeah, the price for the excellent toys set went up to I think $30 and the shipping is even worse

7. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only have Herc, but Giant looks pretty cool. I think what makes me prefer Herc is that I like the individual robots a lot more there. And it's not even about being G1-accurate, I just like them as-is.

If both were cheaper, I would have both without question. However, at the moment, I don't need two Devastators at that price range, I'd rather have a Devastator and a Bruticus, etc.

8. ryanlb

ryanlb Well-Known Member

Looks like there's a few on eBay for $40 with free shipping.

9. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still on the fence about Herc and G Giant. My main concern about Herc is, how much do I have to spend to get him looking like this?

10. mjordan23

mjordan23 Well-Known Member

you dont need to get all the after market stuff in my opinion its entirely up to how you like the figure. i think he looked fine without the rage set but I got it cause i wanted the gun :) 

11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    That has the Rage kit, leg extensions (there are two to choose from now tho if you want a thicker thigh look), CrazyDevy purple drum and a Frenzy_Rumble Devy head. The chest wing was made wider using individual guns and the torso made wider using guns and cabs. Someone is making specific parts to fit to the torso to give the wider look and I still need to pick up his crane replacement part so the bigger crane can hang down the back. When you've spent this much on getting the core figure a few add ons doesn't break the bank to get him looking just as you want him IMO......but like has been said it's entirely optional....I just want as close to G1 as I can get but with added bulk and height that Giant just doesn't/cannot give. As you can see in that pic I've had to split his legs slightly more than I normally would to get him in that Detolf....the scoop on his arm is scraping the top (still need to paint that green too)......now that is a Devy I wanted :D 

12. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

i own both and like them both the same...i like my yellow giant cuz hes reminds me of a time when i thought transformers was dead and then came G2..i like my green giant because hes an updated classic style devy..i like Herc because hes a masterpiece devy..all for different reasons so i cant just pick one..

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  13. djao99

djao99 Well-Known Member

Herc all the way. cuz im not a parts former fan. the usage of exgraver and bonecrusher's threads as the forearm was the superb genius idea on engineering and that sold me to herc. herc all the way as-is., with the reprolabels applied, i dont need other upgrades needed. :) 

14. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I definitely agree on the tread-forearms being great. Double agree on the Reprolabels set -it is AWESOME.

15. Tyconius

Tyconius Well-Known Member

Problem is, owner of the store (Iacon Toys) usually is quite friendly. I ordered Yellow Giant, and got it without a problem.

Now he mentioned having my Hercules in stock, waiting for Arcee Motorbot (since it was 1 order). When I ask how the order is doing, I get no replies.

Problem is, his English is not good and my Spanish is neither...

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I can help if you need some help translating something.

17. Chris Campbell

Chris Campbell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love that this thread is even possible. I just own Giant, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

18. Tyconius

Tyconius Well-Known Member

Thanks mate.

I would like to send the following text.

Hello,

Can you please give me more information in regards of the status of my order. I am getting worried I might not be getting it since you didn't reply to my last mails and I spend quite some money on the order.

If possible, can you at least send me the Hercules figures, seeing you mentioned already having them ready.

Kind regards.

19. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i got heavylabor and exgraver thinking i would finish the set. at the time i was quite fanatical about Herc being better than Giant but after having the figures in hand for a while, and seeing more pictures of both combined modes, i think Giant wins out on a lot more levels than just looks preference.
    hes cheaper, the finish on the figures is more classy and less toy-like, the overall color scheme is a bit more refined and less random, the proportions are quite good out of the box, and there haven't been any instances of widespread QC issues facilitating replacement parts, hes a little smaller so fitting him in a shelf is easier, the colors are dead-on accurate to G1, and the list goes on. if i had completed Herc i would vote Giant hands down.

20. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

I didnt get giant because of the height discrepencies between the individual bots. The shortest is around 4 inces tall to 6 inches being the tallest where as all of hercs individual bots are all large deluxe size and all the same height. Also giants individual bot looks like they are anorexia. And giants face looks anime style cute. Not menacing like a combiner with a name of devastator would look like. Not to mention the cheating skeleton arms of giant. Its suppose to be a transformer. The list goes on and on....