Own Wii and PS3, considering adding a 360, what are the exclusiv games

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Easterling Capt, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    So yeah I am thinking of adding a 360 to my game world in a near future. So far I just checked what the exclusiv games are on the 360 and came upp with these.

Gears of War 1
    Gears of War 2
    Halo 3
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2

Anything else that is only for the 360 and is worth getting? I will also use it for online games as 3 of my other friends have a 360 aswell. All other multirelsed games I buy for the PS3.

So any advice ?

/Mac

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I bought a 360 in december of 2008 for the exclusives, and if it wasnt for the mass effect series, I'd regret my decision. since buying the system, I've only bought 6 games, 3 were exclusives (dead rising is the other).

normally I wouldnt say any system was worth owning for just five games, but when two of those are Mass Effect titles (or bioware games in general), it's worth it.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Do you own a gaming PC?
    If yes, you really shouldnt bother with a 360. Last I saw, there were less than 20 actual 360 exclusives, (360 & PC dont count as exclusives), and no more than a handful of those are actually worth bothering with.

If no, I still wouldnt really suggest it. It just doesnt have that many decent games you cant get elsewhere.

4. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Dead Rising, Crackdown, Shadow Complex.

5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    yeah I was looking around a bit more and found Dead Rising and Fable 2

I am also taking into considaration the multiplayer with the friends into calculation.

No I dont play on the computer, never was that much into pc gaming except a few games.

6. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

i have all the systems. i have the most games on ps3 but purchased the 360 back in 2006...i only have maybe like, 4 games for the 360. But 2 of them are mass effect 1 and mass effect 2. Using the PC is really an impractical option IMO if you don't have an up-to-date graphics board and cpu. once you factor in the cost of getting those, you're approaching the coast of the 360 already.

Also, the Halo franchise is exclusive to the 360. The story of Mass Effect is actually similar to Halo's story in many ways.

7. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    You should get Tales of Vesperia, if you're into RPGs

8. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mass effect is amazing
    though i have both, i rarly ever use the ps3 for any multiplayer online game
    i use 360 for codmw2, sf4

exclusives are gears, fable, mass effect, halo, crackdown, xbla [castle crashers, shadow complex], dlc for gta

9. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Ive got a PC for gaming and the only 360 exclusives I want all all XBLA games (and now apparently Allen Wake, fuck you Microsoft's Xbox division!). Go for a PC if you dont mind passing on Halo 3 and Gears 2. You can get a pretty decent build for not too much money these days. You will be sitting even prettier if you can upgrade your existing computer. Even if you pay a little more you get so much more out of a full PC.

10. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

^and when mass effect 3 comes out, the graphics board may have to be upgraded yet again. That's 1/3 to 1/2 the price of a 360, per upgrade.

The graphics are better on the PC but I'm liking the 360 on my 42" plasma with wireless controller on the comfort of my couch...and the OP said he doesn't bother with the PC that much.

11. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Dead Rising and both Gears of War are the only reason I own a 360...I'm not regretting it so far.

12. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

:rolleyes:  Try again. A single 9800GTX should play just about anything fairly well. You would only really need a more expensive card if you need to run your games in very high resolution and with AA cranked up to 16x. And the Mass Effect series runs on the Unreal 3 engine which seems to scale very nicely with lower power systems. My 8600GT M laptop runs Mass Effect 2 very smoothly and it looks pretty good.

13. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

No kidding, is the dude posting from 5 years ago? The combination of high development costs and consoles finally being viable platforms for FPS games has virtually ended the software arms race and put scalability on everybodys agenda.

14. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Halo Reach? If it is any good.