Overwhelming Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey all,

I am starting this thread for anyone who is being overwhelmed by all the Transformers toys and news,I realize this thread may be pointless but I wanted to start one anyway to get your opinion on the subject.

Now as for me I think basically having 7 lines of TF's at once is gonna be too much to handle for me,as we have the DOTM,Human Alliance (both basic and deluxe),Cyberverse,Prime (released later this year),Rescue Bots,Kre-O,and Generations.So what is your opinion on this,well I honestly say most of these lines have some truly nice pieces but I seriously doubt I'll buy them due to lack of money,anyone else like this?

2. Syn3sthesia

Syn3sthesia Well-Known Member

While I enjoy the movies for what they're, I ignore all of the movie toys. For me, only Generations and RTS are a must. The rest I leave to you all.

3. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

This is only an issue if you're a completionist (at least within a given line).

I for one could care less. I'll cherry-pick what I like from across the lines to get what I want. Choice is great.

4. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist Veteran

News Credits:
    I tend to get only the toys I'm very much fond of. If there's stuff I'm on the fence with i usually wait for someone I know to get overstock from retailers and pay only $3 for the figure, or at times less.

5. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I'll go see the movie, and I'll watch TF prime... but I'm only interested in season 1 G1 releases in deluxe scale. So there's basically nothing for me at the moment.

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Actually I do feel quite overwhelmed. Yes, I pick and choose what I want and all that. But there is so much great stuff out there. That's why Cyberverse sadly has to stop, and stuff like Kreo have to be ignored even though I think they're nice.

7. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I find the main problem is that most of the cool 3rd party stuff has hit (or will be hitting) at almost the exact same time as DotM. Are they trying to take Hasbro's business or ride on the back of it? Probably both? As a collector, it's terrible timing, especially as it's all happening right in the middle of convention season.

8. AMG

AMG Old School

There is indeed a lot to choose from, and so much more on the way. Times like these are when you have to either prioritize what you buy, or go broke.

9. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

There is a lot to choose from, but all I really care about is some of DOTM Cyberverse (getting all three Wreckers, cheapest way to get them all), Prime, and Generations. Kre-O I can live without, same with Robot Power, Speed Stars, and Rescue Bots.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah buy all the stuff i don't want to buy. Basically everything that is not the DOTM Cyberverse, Scouts, Deluxes , Voyagers and Generations i'm missing as well as Prime.

I don't want no Speed Stars, Stealth Force or Kre-o's.

11. Mastodon

Mastodon Well-Known Member

Nothing makes a Transformers fan burn out faster that collecting everything at once.

12. Calabask

News Credits:
    I tend to prioritze my purchases and some lines I pass on entirely. Basic cyberverse? Easy pass. I like my figures with full articulation and this line lacks it on the basic level. Commanders? I might purchase. I got Powerglide and intend on getting Hatchet. I'm on the fence about Blackout though. DoTM Deluxe's i'll usually buy if I like how it looks. Voyagers for me are the same way, and are even more closely scrutinized. Leaders...

Leaders are a hard as hell sell for me. The only leader I've purchased at retail since Cybertron will be Sentinel Prime. I got a RoTF Optimus Prime for like $5 from surplus guy once. Generations have my attention wholly though. The only one didn't buy from that line was Cliffjumper since he was the same mold as Bumblebee and I didn't want to spend $10 on him when I could have spent it on another figure. That line, for all intents and purposes was made of pure win.

As for human alliance, the basics I'll take a gamble on, usually. Though after the first wave and the dissapointment that was Backfire and Thunderhead, I've learned my lesson and will be hunting down ones with actual arms. I'll get Dragstrip though when he comes out. Even if his hands are messed up. Just because he looks pretty good regardless and has actual elbows. The 30 buck ones though? Usually not my cup of tea. If HA Soundwave is any good, I might get him, otherwise I passed on that line entirely as again, it was three deluxes or one of them.

13. Calabask

News Credits:
    Kee-O I mgiht take one or two gambles on. I'm still haunted by BTR though.

14. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    There's so much going on, that if i'm away for a day, or even half a day, i'm likely to miss something.

It's not that i don't WANT what i'm buying, but it seems that as soon as i get one thing, there's something else to go look for.

I'm guessing DOTM will start to wind down a little in the fall....I've not taken to Prime yet, and i'm not that fussed about where the Masterpiece line seems to be going either.

A few months 'off' wouldn't go a miss at all.

15. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I havent been overweld in years. Collecting only G1 has that effect. It was better before when we hade the TF´C and ehobby pushed repaints like KFC sells chicken. I kinda miss those days but guess the wallet dont.

16. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I will be completely ignoring rescue bots so I will only be interested in dotm,prime and generations

17. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I feel overwhelmed with 3rd party stuff not Hasbro releases. The only thing I collect is Classic-esque figures so all the DOTM figures will be ignored by me.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I just go one toy at a time.

19. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is exactly me too. I'm loving the classics type homages and other than that, still building my gen 1 line.