Overwatch - a multiplayer shooter by Blizzard

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gordon_4, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hit a major personal accomplishment tonight: after just a week of competitive play I've made it back into gold ranking. That is usually where I end up, but I got completely locked out of it and stuck in silver for all of season five so it feels incredibly good to have earned my way back here. I owe it mostly - but not exclusively - to sticking with Zarya for most of my matches. I definitely feel like I've really leveled up with her now (I actually had one of the opposing team's players message me after the match to compliment my Zarya - that has never happened to me before with any character).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Playing more Deathmatch, I'm having a lot more fun with Mei now that there are larger maps. With everyone all the more spread out, it means when the poor sap is backed into the corner, the ice wall blocking off the exit and the icy stream slowly and surely reducing them to a froze carcass, there will be no-one coming to help them.

3. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Barely play comp and I have 2 golden weapons ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And by barely I mean I play my placement games and maybe a few more. Though if you're playing just for the spray then I don't really see why you would be playing comp anyway.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was messing around on Mystery Heroes tonight and did something I never thought possible:

Got POTG with Widowmaker.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Heat Guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I'm done with this game for a while. The sheer amount of BULLSHIT being hurled my way - 20 fucking games, not ONE win. And because I'm stuck with the SHITTIEST teammates because I'm pulling golds every round. Blizzard claims there's matchmaking balance but if this is what passes for balance then this is not acceptable!

8. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

So... where's the last training bot?

9. Heat Guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been playing Orisa more since I usually waste Rein as a DPS instead of a tank.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

[​IMG]

In Overwatch, D.Va is as happy and bubbly as ever. In Heroes of the Storm, D.Va has become the incarnation of primordial fire and power dedicated to destroying the entirety of Azeroth. Huh.

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    What? I hadn't heard of that at all.
    Kind of funny.

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's an in-joke. Blizzard's Heroes team is pretty good at that.

When they initially teased the "Hanamura Showdown" cinematic on Twitter, with the Hanamura dragon emblem with slash marks and a monster roar, some players immediately jumped to conclusions and thought that the next character to be revealed would be the dragon Deathwing from World of Warcraft. However, the character reveal turned out to be D.Va, and the monster was Diablo, whom she was fighting. And as these things tend to, some members of the fandom went nuts over the "deceit" and such (although most of it was probably played up for humour).

So, playing off that bit of fandom nonsense, D.Va gets a new skin in Heroes of the Storm based on Deathwing.

13. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    5 out of 6 games I've tried queing for tonight dropped me in instantly over games.

Jesus FUCK Blizzard fix your shit.

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Had an excellent save today; playing as Mei, I was with my buddies assaulting the point, throwing out icicles behind Orisa. Our Solder activated his ult, ready to pick them off, only to be hooked by Roadhog! In a reaction I didn't believe possible of myself, I managed to get an ice wall up to block the killer hog from my buddy, saving him and allowing him to kill off two squishies before the wall came down and we took down the tank.

We proceeded to dance together for a moment while he thanked me. Sometimes the wall can be as good as it can be bad!

15. Heat Guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This game is starting to get old.
    Same team comp in competitive, QP has teams where yours is bad and theirs is grandmasters in terms of skill. Deathmatch is nothing but snipers, gengi and mcree.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It got old a while ago. It just limps by on new content every now and then, but me and my friends straight up don't play it if there's nothing new, and one of my firends doesn't even play it unless there's an event with a new gametype.

17. agentSAP2006

agentSAP2006 Avatar by Sprite

News Credits:
    Man, just think about all of those Game of the Year awards Overwatch won last year...

18. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Yeah, I honestly only really play it for the loot at this point but I'm thinking I'm calling it quits after the halloween event, simply so I can say I got the Mercy Witch Skin and be done with it.

Oh, and to add to the problems with Deathmatch, Mercy is OP as hell because revive TAKES AWAY a point for killing on the enemy team. Five revives in one game can mean one side has to get five extra points the other doesn't, meaning an especially hard time if a Mercy just keeps resurrecting that one asshole Genji who won't. Fucking. Die.

19. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

[​IMG]

D.Va ain't the only one who made a deal with the dragon devil, apparently

20. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So how is everyone doing with the event? I've gotten two of the skins I wanted so far (Zenyatta and Ana). I'm still looking for Zarya's and Symmetra's, so hopefully I can pull one of them because I have enough credits for the other if I do.