Overwatch - a multiplayer shooter by Blizzard

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gordon_4, Nov 7, 2014.

1. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

I don't think I've ever even seen a nano-boosted Zenyatta.

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Skip to 3:00. Also be sure to watch the clip after it. lol

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    After two months of countdown to Sombra the clock finally ran out today... And nothing. Kind of figures they'd wait for Blizzcon so they actually have something to show.

4. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

If you think they're only going to be showing sombre at blizzcon then...

I dunno.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    For Overwatch yeah. I expect showing Sombra, then a whole bunch of talk about things they might or might not do some point a year from now.

6. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I've stopped waiting for Sombra several months ago. At this point, she has negative hype.

That said, I'll watch the reveal trailer when it comes out, since Blizz makes very good character intro trailers.

7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'm not really sure why they thought any of this was a good way of hyping Sombra. Whoever came up with the ARG clearly had no idea how they're supposed to work.

8. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

I much prefer letting character reveals be a complete shock. Like I was not prepared at all for anna to hit, nor Junk and Roadhog during Beta, nor Mei/D.va/Genji towards to end of it. For now, for me, Sombra is as much a character as Winston's space dad.

9. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Woop Woop 3 level up loot boxes in and I get Junkrat and Reaper's halloween skins. Then I bought 20 cause I wanted the pumpkin player icon, but I got that in box 5 or something lol. Everything else are just awesome bonuses now. I think I'm only missing Mercy, Zenyatta and Soldier's as far as skins go. I only wish they'd fix how maps are selected during quickplay; I want more matches in haunted Hollywood, not five straight ones in Numbani!

10. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've rented Overwatch for the first time for PS4, bought it sunday.

I love and hate this game at the same time.

...Friggin Mei.

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd just like to take the moment to reaffirm how much I love the little snippets of dialogue in this game. While the game has no real story mode as of yet, there's so much to glean about these characters just from how they interact with each other. Sometimes it's just witty banter and taking the piss out of each other, but othertimes it's more revealing.

Oddly enough, what inspired me to bring this topic up again is the Junkenstein's Revenge brawl. The "story" itself is non-canon, with the four heroes serving as "actors" within the fictional setting, Yet all the intermittent dialogue throughout the map is still very much in-character. And the part that gets me in particular is this exchange:

Soldier 76: (after killing Doctor Junkenstein the first time) What drives a man to such madness?
    Hanzo: To be tested... and to fail.

It's canned dialogue. It's repetitive, because you'll hear that exchange once every playthrough. And yet, every single time I hear it (and I hear it a lot, since the mode is so good for grinding XP), it never fails to get a little emotional response from me. Paul Nakauchi delivers this line with such empathy and sorrow that it's hard not to imagine that Hanzo views his own life as a similar trial, and you suddenly get this massive insight into Hanzo's own emotional core from just six measly little words. I think it's a brilliant bit of writing, and also marvelously performed.

On a lighter note, I'm the proud owner of the Witch Mercy skin thanks to RNGesus. It was the only skin this time around that I considered "high priority", and would have burned my credits on the 31st to get it if I absolutely had to. But thankfully, I don't. So now I can spread those creds out a bit more conservatively, picking up the other random odds-and-ends that I like (Reaper and Mei's highlight intros, Reaper's RIP pose, and maybe a couple of sprays - Soldier 76's is hilarious, while Ana and Pharah's are too freaking adorable) and still have cash leftover to splurge during the theoretical winter event. So, happy dance.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sombra artwork leaked, buried somewhere on Blizzards' webpage and subsequently removed: Sombra

Probably intended for Blizzcon, because the original image was titled with a "bzc16" header.

Didn't have much opinion on her design one way or another from the previous hero select leak, but the artwork here makes her look pretty cool.

Those fibre-optic stockings and gloves are pretty spectacular.

13. biscuits

She looks really cool in that artwork, I like it.

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Gotta say Sombra's a little more complex then we thought.

16. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Oh my, that was so cool. Sombra's a wondrous combination of arrogant and playful, a confident minx with ulterior motives. And damn, she's got some cool abilities too.

And then there's poor Reaper and Widowmaker, trying to put up with all this nonsense :lol 

17. biscuits

Damn Sombra looks crazy, awesome abilities and amazing skins. Really going to shake things up. Can't wait for the 6v6 Sombra games in the PTR next week!

18. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Oooooh stealth hero new main

19. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Sombra gameplay videos are working their way onto YouTube now. Seems the productive strategy for a Sombra, as expected, is to sneak around invisible and hunt down stray players/supports. One cool tactic, however, is to hack a health pack, set a teleport next to it and rush into brawls, do as much damage as possible, and then warp back to the healing when they start to retaliate.

Additionally, story-wise, Sombra seems to obtained that teleporting trick by stealing schematics from some of Winston's inventions. He won't be too happy about it, hence why he's apparently looking to be a pretty decent Sombra counter right now.

20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    anyone else want to team up to get that Genji skin in HotS just need to do 15 games and thats it but you need to be teamed up with someone from your friends list.