Oversized Toyworld KO throttelbots

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by levyshahar, Jul 31, 2014.

1. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

I've never bought from Toy Bento, but these guys seem like they're the best thing to get from ebay.

2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I know Paul at SirToys does not ship with boxes but does Toy Bento leave these MISB? It it is rare to find them MISB.

3. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    In general, no Toy Bento usually ships KOs (as far as I know ) without packaging, (to save on shipping) but you could just email and ask as I am not sure.

A lot sellers who sell these sell them without packaging, but there are some ebay sellers that will keep the packaging if you ask for it (costs more) and some that ship with the packaging (free postage more or less) that charge about the same total value as other sellers who post them without the packaging. But ebay sellers tend to come and go, I use the same 3-4 for example ECS-Direct, HZJ and a couple others, many of them will keep the packaging on if you ask for it beforehand. Some other people will no doubt post here who know more than me for specific sellers.

If you get stuck when these are released for a reliable sellers just ask in the all purpose KO thread as the guys in there use mostly the same sellers and will vouch for who are current scammers vs the proper sellers etc.

So, I emailed Paul at Sirtoys, and he said he will likely find out same time as everyone else whats happening with the combiner bits (rumored to be separate at this point). Paul confirmed that if they are sold individually, he will be getting them in, and he is usually one of the earliest sellers to have them in stock because of his location etc.

Well, can't wait for these ones, good hunting / buying whoever you go with they are right good bargains. I'm waiting until I the other two, and then decide if I want a second set like I did with the MB Combaticons.

EDIT: There are also Ali Express sellers who ship these with original packaging (it's nothing special, pretty ordinary packaging) but again like ebay, you gotta contact them first and ask as like 80% of them will ship without packaging to save on shipping costs.
    If you are after more info, just ask in the KO thread, I don't want to spam up this thread unless their is new more new info etc.

4. batfan007

News Credits:
  5. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

More expensive than I had expected. I kind of hope these do the usual thing that the Wei Jiang Throttlebots do and dip 10-20% once they're widely available.

6. batfan007

News Credits:
    Yeah, I though it would be more like $50-60 tops, and smart lulu's prices are usually the cheapest of anywhere.
    I'm gonna wait a bit and see it it drops once more folks have them in stock. Even if it means waiting till later in year for a second run.

7. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

I am going to wait for it to hit eBay. I thought it was going to be around $50-60, but would include combiner parts. I hope it shows up for around $30.

8. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

At $60 it had damn well better come with the combiner bits.

9. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah $60.00 is far to much even with a nice box when Shinebug was so dirt cheap - I expected him to be more than than Shine bug as he's much larger but with no combiner pieces $60.00 is just to much. It's only a little less than you can get a legit one for from time to time.

10. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

At $60 bux, it's almost a 300% markup(not taking into acct shipping), given that the retail price in Chinese yuan is around 129rmb :eek: 

11. batfan007

News Credits:
    Nope, doesn't. Mentioned on previous pages. They will be coming after.
    Sucks right?

I doubt you'll see it anyhere for less than $40-50, I mean it's still a chunky OS torso bot. Fair bit of plastic in there.

Better quality than hasbro Voyager figures, but more plastic and bits in there.

12. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

I'd bite at $40. And again, seeing how the others plunged during their widespread availability period gives me hope.

Sidebar: anyone see any red Traces for sale cheap? Mine has some quality issues and I might want to replace him. My orange one is perfect though!

13. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Paul of Sirtoys is hoping they'll re-release the multi color variants this year.

14. EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly Sucker for a GERWALK Mode

I'm actually thrilled to read this, as I took advantage of the eBay flash sale at the end of December and picked up all four of the released OS Throttlebots from HZJ. I worried a bit, as I wasn't personally familiar with the seller, but the feedback looked good and everything seemed worth the risk. Once these arrive, I'll be happy to add HZJ as another reliable source for items from China.

15. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watched this video today..Is that the oversized KO or the regular one?

16. Marvelboy1974

Marvelboy1974 Well-Known Member

These are amazing figures. After watching Peaugh's review on Shine Bug, I ended up ordering him on eBay a few months ago for less than $15 plus shipping. I was amazed at the quality of the plastic and the solid joints. I have him on my season 3 and 4 Mp shelf because he just looks so damn good standing next to HotRod. These 3rd party companies are NOT fooling around. They are putting the official lines to shame with their high quality products!

17. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the KO. I only watched the beginning, but he mentions Wei Jiang and his diecast chest.

Edit: Actually I might be wrong about the diecast part. My Chinese is rusty :D  Will watch full video later.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Damn, just found out about these -- they look killer. I've gotten rid of a ton of CHUG-sized stuff and still have the original Toyworld bots but have yet to pull the trigger on Sideload, just haven't felt he was worth $95 + shipping. Might just sell the ones I have minus Goldbug and get these instead, I think these guys definitely benefit from the bigger size and the price is insanely low.

Is Freeway definitely coming?

19. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Yes

20. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've got all 5 released so far coming from hzj401 for just over 80 quid, which works out at around £16 for each figure. Happy with that, especially given the size and heft of Sideload and the quality these all seem to be.