Oversized Toyworld KO throttelbots

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by levyshahar, Jul 31, 2014.

1. blitzjoans

blitzjoans "Destroy first, think later, sleep now"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    From SunSon? Daim? HK-TF? Im curious, i love to follow KO dev news and i missed that.

2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is there a regular sized KO set of these guys?

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Honestly I'm fine with the idea that they'd sell the combiner parts on their own. I never expected them to come with Wideload because then he'd be at least double the price. My big fear was that they would release all the individual bots then make a giftset like the Jinbao Predaking and have that be the only way to get the parts.

I just hope they can finish these in the next few months.

4. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

Bots & Bits | Facebook Someone shared their post in a 3rd party transformers group. I've never heard of them before.

• Like Like x 2
  5. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    Was he serious or joking? Because that seems a very strange thing to do?
    And if was Sunsonson who said that, that's the kind on jokes he says all the time to mess with people.

*sigh* time to email Sirtoys and see if we can get some REAL information instead...

He might not know yet, but he went that toy fair thing that had those toys.
    Anyway, I sent an email, if he knows anything about it I'll post info here.

Maybe they just have not had time to make the combiner bits yet?
    Hope not, lots of folks waiting on that orange dude.

6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

He posts here often and is very reputable. I saw Expressway in prototype too so this all makes sense. Sideload is in a nice new box which makes the four box design for these figures. Very strange. Combiner parts due shortly after CNY which is what I expected and probably Expressway shortly thereafter. Sideload is supposed to come out in January from what I had seen, maybe pushed back to CNY.

• Like Like x 1
  7. negative

negative Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. I snapped a piece on not Wideload and I'd love to replace it with a cheaper KO part.

Thank you

8. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No just the larger ones so far.

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bummer.

Thanks man.

10. heliodore

heliodore Well-Known Member

I wonder if there are any more plans for recolors, especially for the last three bots?

11. batfan007

News Credits:
    They announced like six months ago that all of them would be available in multiple colors. Didn't say what colors.

do you mean last TWO?
    The others have been out for ages.

Thanks. Yeah it seemed likely for jan-feb.

12. heliodore

Ooh, good to know, I hope they stick to that plan and don't drop it just to be done with the line.
    Yeah, Shinebug has been out for awhile, but there have been no recolors of it released as far as I know, which is based on what SirToys has listed.

13. Max Tower

News Credits:
    I consider it likely that the other Throttlebots will get recolours - but it can't be relied upon as for example the RID overscale have not really got repaints (just some running changes) (excluding the simplified versions that also exist). However the oversized metal Dinobots got some more colour options quite a ways after the previous ones were released - also that TFC Starcats emergency combiner eventually got released even if it took a very long time... I would hope the G1 colour dinobots is on the cards too perhaps.

But it seems like there is demand and desire and any chinese seller I've asked seems to say they are quite popular and so that does make you think they'd get released eventually even if they get passed on to yet another factory to do it.

I'm very keen to see a red and a white OS Shinebug for example.

• Like Like x 1
  14. heliodore

Ah, that makes sense and is a bit reassuring, but yes, I would assume anything can happen depending on what's on Wei Jiang's plate. Thanks Max Tower for the observations, all good to know! Yeah, I'd add a blue one to the wishlist!

15. Max Tower

News Credits:
    Sideload has always reminded me a bit of Bulkhead and Breakdown (Transformers Prime version) so perhaps he'd look nice in green or in darkish blue. maybe with some SWAT tampos on him.

The last team member (Freeway) i'd not mind in red or even a silvery grey colour. another Searchlight/aurora repaint would be nice too perhaps a fire orange or Drab green with yellow (sort of Brawn like colours).

The cool thing is that you can then mix and match to your hearts content. I can see them also working well as custom fodder too - perhaps those homecast alternator heads would suit them.

A set that all matches might be interesting too perhaps the sort of black/grey gold that used to be so common for Bandai sentai repaints would suit them.
    It would also loosely tie to the old Black Keychain minibots too I suppose.

16. heliodore

You've read my mind! I've already gone to town with the first three OS throttlebots! With Rollbar I took the tan chest parts and switched them out on the green one to make a Brawn of sorts. With the Chase I made a Huffer using the blue inner-body of the red one and switched out the red car panels with the orange one! And I'm in the process of making a Beachcomber using the blue Aurora with some of the white chest parts from the white Aurora! The heads I'll deal with down the road!

Yeah, I can see some cool customs with Sideload! I sort of pictured a white recolor that could be turned into a Skyfire, if one wanted a different take on his alt mode. Sideload even has that chunky backpack!

Freeway would be my Warpath if they did a red/crimson recolor, but who knows! Whatever they do there will definitely be some great opportunities for customs! Yeah, no telling how far Wei Jiang could take this!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Max Tower

News Credits:
    I supposed the Tan Jeep is a little bit like both Detritus and Ironfist and also G2 Ironhide (the pull back and go one that is a grey camo Humvee)
    I tend to think of the Red jeep as being like Alternators Rollbar (who was Orange).

The reason I wanted a white Shinebug is I thought he'd make a great Bugbite.

18. batfan007

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

WeiJiang Oversized Throttlebot Freeway

Toy Bento has FREEWAY up for pre-order. Estimated FEBRUARY.

[​IMG]

Wideload listed as in stock.
    WeiJiang Oversized Throttlebot Wideload

might pay for anyone interested to MSG first. It's that time of year when lots of folks are on holiday etc, and some stores may not process stuff right away.
    And shipping at this time of year is hell, so I would ask about that too.
    I'm in no rush to get these, but pretty excited to finally have them together on the shelf.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  19. batfan007

News Credits:
    Lots of sites use that kind of software.

20. batfan007

News Credits:
    1. Flat rate shipping. At the top of the page.

2. I always do a currency conversion myself on a seperate tab/page before I purchase anything so I know how much I'm spending, I don't leave it up to any website.

3. I always comparison shop on multiple sites. So again, I know the prices, and what I'm willing to pay, what is slightly high/low etc.

I always look for bargains, but I also buy from the same 4-5 sellers who have good service. I don't recommend anything I have not bought from.

I have no affiliation with Toy Bento, but Ben (who runs it) has excellent customer service and communication and very fair prices and shipping. He has answered 100% of my questions and queries etc, usually within 24 hours.

Sirtoys will be selling these too, as will loads of dodgy (and some good) ebay sellers and the usual Ali Express sellers. But none have listings up yet (that I've seen, when I do see them, I'll post them here unless someone else does first) so I put this one up, as it was the first, and because it's a good store I'm using more and more with fair prices and great customer service. If you don't like it, that is fine, but please don't post misleading comments to make it look like the site is dodgy when it is not. :cool: