Oversized Legends Optimus Prime KO Pics and Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Galaximus Prime, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Galaximus Prime

Galaximus Prime Matrix Bearer

Hi folks, Galaximus here with pics and a quickie review of some bootlegged Legend Class Transformers!

So, I was out at the mall about 2 weeks ago, and walked into this little Dollar Tree store and lo and behold, what do I find? Transformers. Yes, bootlegs of course, but nevertheless, Transformers in my eyes. They had Cybertron and Movie 2007 Legends Class Optimus Prime over there, so I picked up the ones I could find and decided to post some pics and a review.

Lets get started!
    First up are the Movie Legends. No packaging pics, but their packaging reads Interchange Robot on the cards. Here are some robot mode pics, compared to Movie 07 Legends Nightwatch Optimus Prime.

KOMoviePrime.jpg
    Now, I do apologize for crappy pictures, since they were taken on a webcam. Overall though, the mold is basically the same, just upsized. And the only real thing missing is the detailing on the inside of the arms. Also, these figures come in a nice variation of which you get a red body with blue arms and legs as well as a blue body with red arms and legs. I switched the parts because I just couldn't deal with a truck being part red and part blue, unless its G1 Prime. Moving on though, joint quality is very nice, actually on par with an actual Legends Class figure. Same articulation, same detailing, even the same robot mode head. I was very impressed. Now for a shot of vehicle mode, alongside the Nightwatch Legends.

KOMoviePrime2.jpg
    As you can see in this image, what is visible anyways, the vehicle modes do have the flames on them. While its not completely visible, the designers, did an odd choice here and made the flames on the top of the truck gold. I don't get it, but hey, leave it to the bootleggers to do something like that. Again though, the truck mode is spot on with the actual deal. Even having the one smokestack. Also, the blue KO seems to have almost the same shade of blue as the normal Nightwatch Prime, and the red seems to have a bit of a Fire Guts Prime look going on for him. I must say, I like the red figure more than the blue.

Next off, Cybertron Optimus Prime. Also part of the Interchange Robot bootleg series. Once more, sorry for the bad pics, best I can do at this time. I'll post the pic first, then move on to the review of him. Here he is in robot mode, with Legends Of Cybertron Optimus Prime.

KOCybertronPrime.jpg
    Now, once more, in robot mode, details are spot on. All of the joints are there and he looks really impressive. And as a bit of a bonus, they've given him actual articulation in his upper arms! Yes, the mechanisms for transformation aren't the same in the arms but they do transform the same way, minus the shoulder pads moving, but personally thats okay with me. Now as for colors...well, this guy looks more like a prototype than a KO to me. And he also has good tight joints. And just like with the Movie Legends Primes, he too uses the same face sculpt. The head is just hard to get out sometimes when transforming into robot mode.

KOCybertronPrime2.jpg
    Finally, here is a shot of him in comparison with Legends Prime. As you can see, he lacks some paint detailing in vehicle mode, as well as robot mode. But then again so does the Movie KO. And also, these are bootlegs, so what do you expect? Overall, I must say that I am impressed. And if you look closely, you'll see that the wheels are held in place by screws. Yes, screws. Still though, again, he's bootleg, and there had to be one flaw. I'm just thankful that he's a good representation either way.

And that concludes my mini review of these bootlegs.

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, 1 being the worst?
    Reason:
    Good toys, need detailing. If they just had some kind of nice detailing done on them, they'd be a perfect 10 in my book. Still, HIGHLY recommended!

Post your thoughts and opinions. Thanks for looking!

2. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cool review the cybertron one looks pretty good but the movie one was not a very good one to begin with.

3. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  4. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Dude where exactly are you directing him ?

5. Galaximus Prime

Galaximus Prime Matrix Bearer

Actually I'm fairly certain it belongs here.

6. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
  7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    kint bea bawthurd whid reedin' noah moar.

welcome to the boards, but read, scan and understand how things are organized, please.

8. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Shit! I tried posting the thumbs up dude along with the feedback link an somehow it code ended up in the middle of the URL. Doops. Edited my OG post but, here it is again- Transformers Feedback - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards

9. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I already fixed it for you so now theres like three of the same links on this thread :D .