Oversized KO Warbotron Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by mapatel, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Alexandros

Alexandros Active Member

2. minstral

minstral Back on the TF bandwagon after 6+ years off

Ebay:
    Never ordered from them but their sites says in stock so I don't see a reason as to why you don't have yours. Maybe it's a difference between with and without box stock???

I purchased mine at the beginning of April for 2nd wave stock that just came out, hence why I thought it was a long time for you. Maybe you just missed out on wave 2?

Either way, if TF Direct don't pan out and you get your money back try ShowZ. Same price. I purchased from them.

3. Shaman

Shaman New Member

I'm new to the boards (been lurking a while) and was cruising the thread here for hopefully decal decision insight and saw the last post about TF-Direct and decided to register (I can't reply with quotes yet it seems.)

Have you tried e-mailing TF-Direct? Something doesn't seem right. I ordered a boxed version from them on 6/4 and received it on 6/14. If you've been waiting since February something looks to have gone wonky.

...and since I'm here. Has anyone taken the standard Warbotron decals from Toyhax and used them on this OS version? Toyhax isn't doing sets for the OS KOs and I think he'd look leaps and bounds nicer with some decaling.

4. 86mcss

86mcss Well-Known Member

decals wont work because this one is significantly larger.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They would still work, but with large borders, especially for stickers designed to fill a panel. With proper centering, some of them might actually look pretty good.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shaman

Shaman New Member

Before deciding to purchase the OS Warbotron I watched a lot of YouTube reviews and read several boards about both OS KOs (including Feral Rex.) On one of the reviews someone commented that they centered the decals, as you stated, and it worked out nicely. I've spent the past couple days looking through my video history and can't find the review and, in my infinite wisdom, didn't bookmark it.

I've been trying to envision, from looking at the decals on the ToyHax website, how the paneled sections would work out. It appears that 75% or so of the decals are for non-paneled areas anyway (I completely made that number up but you get the idea.) I was kind of hoping someone had already took the leap and had pictures though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Slustor

Slustor Well-Known Member

I am looking to get one of these. All the reviews seem decent. Now that this has been out for a while, what are your thoughts, those of you who have it now for a while. Has anyone owned this and the official version?

Also given that the official warbotron has been lowered in price at BBTS, is this still worth getting?

8. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

I'd say get the OS version. Purely from an imposing standpoint, very few figures can match it. He commands any display he's in. The quality of the figures is fantastic. For the price, you can't beat the OS version.

• Like Like x 2
  9. minstral

minstral Back on the TF bandwagon after 6+ years off

Ebay:
    Don't own the original but the OS has better QC and joints I've heard. It is an awesome figure, love it! It scales well with Masterpiece (which is why I got it) but I now kinda prefer the Zeta toys for Masterpiece scale and Unique Toys (UT) for G1 look. My only gripe with the Warbotron mould is how busy it is in comparison to Zeta and UT. I'm keeping it though as it's great bang for buck and I don't have a tonne of money to upgrade or get another mould

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vael6943

Vael6943 Active Member

Get this one.Joints are better, especially the ankles and things tab together better. Only reason to get the original over this is if you are against KO's, want the Shockwave or other extras, or are wanting to maintain a certain scale. This version does a particularly good job of creating a rock solid launch platform for Blast-off.

• Like Like x 2
  11. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

After having him for months I just realized that Swindle has two left forearms. That's disappointing.

12. RubberChicken

RubberChicken Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Does that include two left hands? I have a bot with two right hands and I'd be interested in swapping with you if you're willing. Afraid I can't help with the forearm though.

13. robh

robh Decepticon

Ebay:
    I've had both, and I still have the Jinbao. It's a lot better, at least in my copies. Plus it fits in nicely with my other combiners.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    He is almost exactly the height of UW Devastator. They look great together and the scale fits nicely with my Masterpiece scaled toys.

Quality is excellent (aside from the combiner port on Blast-Off (I had to take mine apart to get it out). Everything else was spot on.

15. Slustor

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

16. Slustor

Where do you find the best place to get it

17. CigarJackal

Instagram:
    I got him at tf direct. I have had very good luck and excellent customer service with them.

• Like Like x 1
  18. VenomGTSR

Nope has the proper hand so that's why I didn't notice. It almost looks like they ran out of parts and the made due.

• Like Like x 1
  19. VenomGTSR

I'm sure I have posted this before, but here they are side by side. Works great with 18 inch combiners. I think he is just a hair shorter than Devastator but in this pic he has a fairly wide A stance.

*Edit: Autocorrect
    IMG_1243.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  20. CigarJackal

Instagram:
    20170623_181848.jpg

I love how these guys look together, and are so imposing with MP scale figures.

• Like Like x 1