Oversized KO Warbotron Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by mapatel, Dec 19, 2016.

1. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    Just got this set from Toy Dojo (it was a pretty penny, but I didn't have to worry about overseas shipping with spotty tracking like I have from other vendors of Jin Bao products). I am really enjoying the set so far. My only gripes are that that plastic is a bit too glossy, the light piping changes are weak (original Warbo had GREAT light piping), and it seems all of the heel spurs are loose and posing is difficult as a result. Since most of the spurs are on pins, it will be difficult to fix this.

From Toy Arena's review I was expecting a lot of "shortcutting or simplifying in the molds, but comparing side by side with Warbotron, I can only see one or two simplifications per figure.

Great stuff.

2. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

I got my second box last night and holy crizzapple this thing is so good. Swindle's grill is flimsy and sucks and one tab on the giant rifle is cracked but otherwise I can't really complain. Hopefully JB does an upgrade kit with metal grill replacements for Swindle or something stronger down the line.

3. chuckcjc

News Credits:
    Grill? Do you mean front guard? The black malleable piece? I would say it is very much on par with the Warbotron version.

I got mine from Toy Dojo.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  4. USMCPrime

USMCPrime sky-dweller

Just got on wait list for April.....now that I said it, it seems sooooooo far away. Damn you Doc Brown, where's my DeLorean!

5. Skauber

Skauber Member

I was a little bothered by the drooping shoulders on it, and I didn't like "fan mode" much as it just seemed to make the shoulders a floppy mess and wasn't able to support holding the gun outright. After trying a few different things, I finally found a simple way to give some additional support for the shoulders and lock them better in place. I used some plastic spacers I had in my toolbox which I put together with some electrical tape. Almost entirely unnoticeable when looking at him unless you know what to look for. The shoulders still have a slight droop, but it helps a lot. Look at the pics for details.

This is the plastic spacer wrapped in electrical tape:
    [​IMG]

This is a few shots of him standing on my desk. (Excuse the mess, too busy to tidy it up.. :p  )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. chuckcjc

News Credits:
    Has anyone made a list of shortcuts (or improvements made) for each figure. I have found at least one shortcut on each figure, and I am wondering why some of them were made.

Transparent eyepieces on each bot are remolded/redesigned and aren't quite as good as on the Warbotron versions.

Swindle: (Large gun is missing transparent barrel on large gun and paint on tip. (gun is purple instead of black). Shoulder mounted bits are improvements. Heels are weaker, Head can not look upward

Brawl: Thread pieces on arms are not filled in and are missing silver paint (two circles on each arm). Head can not look upward.

Vortex: Blue "Shoulder guns" are missing translucent yellow, head is missing some translucent yellow (yellow paint is added instead). Silver paint missing from forehead.

Blast Off: Head is missing rounded bits in between his head ridges (this is an odd one). Chest piece is opaque instead of translucent. Folded Wing bits are MUCH improved, tight, and stay in place on legs. Head can't look up

Onslaught: Green bits on front of shoulder is hallowed out instead of hatched. Green "closet" that hides Combiner head is MUCH improved.

7. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Predaking tempted me a lot, Bruticus even more. If they do TFC's Liokaiser I'll probably cave since Liokaiser is my fave combiner, it's even more likely if they take steps forward with the molds and no steps back like they seems to have on Bruticus. Come on JinBao, do it.

8. Quakewave

Quakewave Grown Ups In Disguise

9. 86mcss

86mcss Well-Known Member

10. Quakewave

I've ordered from them before and not had any problems but if you're uneasy with the feedback there is Show Z on Aliexpress.

No box
    [Show.Z Store][In Stock] Jinbao Oversized Bruticus - Nobox Transformation WB Warbotron Onslaught Brawl Swindle Blast Off
    http://s.aliexpress.com/baueuyYr

I'm just letting people know where I placed my order seeing people on this thread are asking.

11. dojatron

dojatron Highly Refined Pirate

12. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

How's the plastic on Swindle? My Machine Boy version's arm broke at the shoulder. Maybe two transformations and I had massive stress marks.

13. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

Definitley better than MB's plastic for the most part, but a lot of people, including me, are getting him with his grill pre-broke. It seems way more flimsier than an of the other versions of him.

14. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

Where exactly is it broken? I noticed some stress on the MB. Mostly the arms the hold the grille on.

15. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmmm, don't wanna ruin your day but looks like yrjja1000-0 on eBay has cut and run. Figured as much after he sold the last one of these. Boom! Vanished. These have been out of stock since before CNY and are expected again in March, every other retailer is selling them as a preorder.

All his items have gone, I have what seems to be a fake tracking number for the KBB Lost Age Nemesis Prime. The roulette continues.

-EDIT- Hmm.. seems Show Z does have them in stock..

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  16. Skauber

Skauber Member

I'm quite impressed with the plastic quality, no breakage on mine at all. I got mine in the original box, perhaps those with breakage used the "no box" option? I'd say the plastic reminds me of the likes of the Hasbro toys, my son has an Ultra Magnus which I think is pretty close to this plastic. The only thing I didn't like was the drooping shoulders, the rest is good. I believe even the original Wukong Warbotron had the problem with drooping shoulders, which will only be worse here with the added size and weight of the arms on this oversized one.

Edit: strikeout "wukong", I mistakenly thought they were the original third party :) 

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. chuckcjc

News Credits:
    I got the big box option, and everything was fine. The original was just Warbotron, not Wukong Warbotron.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Quakewave

Hmmm... I've had a shipment notification and tracking number also. As I've ordered from them before, and had no issue, I'm not too worried. Besides, eBay has great buyer protection if he has done a runner.

19. Skauber

Skauber Member

Oh, ok. I thought Wukong was the original third party for this one. I stand corrected, thanks! :) 

20. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The latter is friend to us both today. Tenner bet we've been scammed.