Oversized G1 Soundwave Knockoff

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Angel Magnus, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

LOL! Nice catch, I think your correct on that. This would make a great start for a Masterpiece project giving Soundwave and his minions more details and articulation. I never knew this piece existed, very tempting! But $13 bucks is a hell lot better than $142.50!
    What fool would pay ten times more for the same thing?
    However, shouldn't this be in the Ebay section of this board?

3. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Bert the Stormtrooper Reivews

A friend of mine has one of these, he got it on Ebay about a year ago for under $20. I repainted the head for him to make it resemble the G1 toy, it's actually pretty good for a KO and looks good next to his MP figures.
    But you guys are right, NO WAY this thing is worth that much!
    Later

4. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow I guess some people don't like doing research:crazy:  Almost makes me feel like purchasing a lot just to sell them on ebay for hundreds of dollars more:scalper  Although it is a nice piece its all hollow plastic but very cool for customizing

5. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hollow plastic?

6. igniz1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

I'm not surprised to see this kind of bullshit. eBay is full of ripoff artists and extortionists. Like everybody selling G1 Hot Rod or Animated Arcee. Everyone selling the latter deserves to have their house broken into and robbed.

8. Angel Magnus

Angel Magnus Well-Known Member

I wonder if the bidders think it's a custom figure, particularly since I think the seller is Warmachine. I don't believe it's his fault though. Nowhere does it say it's a customized figure or that it's rare or special or whatever. I can't see anything misleading in the listing, which started off at a reasonable $0.99, or that might suggest the seller has done anything else wrong. It's just that these bidders have lost their minds - or they think it's rarer than it is - and he's accidentally stumbled into a much bigger profit.

There was also this custom from the same figure.

[​IMG]

9. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They put it up for that price because not everyone knows where to get the Knock off toys.
    It worth how much KO toys sells them for.... Its up to you to make it worth more by customizing it!

Bid history: 38 bids.... WTF.....
    REALLY.... $142.50.... I really feel bad for the person who wins this.

About to do that.... =P

10. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

How exactly is this guy ripping someone off?

Honestly, I think TFW2005 should get some of the profits here, they advertised the dang thing for him w/o even researching to see if a KO existed. It wouldn't be near that high if they hadn't plastered it on the front page.

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think TFW should be embarrassed for pimping a $13 KO.

12. igniz1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:

:lolol 

13. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh? Just a quick look showed several animated Arcees on ebay for under $15.
    And looking at the bid history of thios Soundwave, the item started at 99 cents. hardly the sellers fault some foolish people drove the bidding way up.

14. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dam this makes me want to sell mine. got it for $12 from chimungmung.com. jeez i want a $140 profit. people need to start researching before they throw their $$$ away.

15. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

It's listed as a Hasbro figure. Not entirely true is it?

I agree, I really don't see why this should be a featured ebay auction. Then again, I feel that way about most of TFW's featured ebay auctions. :2c: 

16. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Goddamn eBay, where your dreams are just as likely to be shattered as they are to come true.

17. Decepti_Dave

Decepti_Dave Reformatted

I'd be surprised if the highest bidder actually pays. There's too many Ebay deadbeats who tend to drive up prices and not pay for their wins.

I, too, spent $24 ($12 + $12 shipping) for the oversized Soundwave from chimungmung.com. I just set it aside to customize for later (I haven't taken it apart yet).

18. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I thought selling a KO is a big no no on eBay?

19. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Selling it as the real thing is a no-no. Selling it as what it is is allowed. Sorry, I didn't take a look at it, thought it was a buy it now. But I do see that kind of price for these things at buy-it-now.

My point about Arcee still stands. My teacher ordered me one as a graduation gift. Couldn't find Arcee in the stores, so she ordered one off of eBay for $35 total. That was in May. It. Never. Came. And there was no sign of a shipping notice either. :mad 

I hate scalpers, and I hate Hasbro's marketing department. Making Animated Arcee an exclusive GUARANTEED that this would happen. People had been waiting years for a proper toy representation of G1 Arcee. They'd be on it like flies on a carcass the minute it came out. But what did Hasbro do when it finally rolled around? Made it an exclusive. Made it a smegging exclusive. Mass scalping followed. Something as desired as this one could have and should have been a mass-retail doublepacked toy. Instead, Hasbro put Arcee fans at the mercy of scalpers.

But I digress. Yes, that price is crazy. But that's sort of the point of an auction. To sell something for more than it might be worth by taking advantage of people's competitiveness.

20. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't think the TFW2005 had nothing to do with the final price. People here have knowledge on it's worth. You can buy the original G1 toy in it's box for a few dollars more.

After looking around, I found another one that is past it's worth in the bidding.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSFORMERS-SO...ps=63&clkid=5128929014887005040#ht_500wt_1156

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010