Oversized Dinobots?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by frenzyrumble, Sep 18, 2008.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I don't have a Freudian problem, but once again, I am looking for oversized Dinobots...I'm sure some KO line were larger than G1? anything?

Got a recent project which I am doing the dinobot team, and experimenting with G1 junkers...well, they are kinda small.

Attached Files:

2. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Man, I know of nothing!

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I know that there WAS an oversized KO G1 Grimock made at some point in the past. I've even seen a picture of it next to the original... but I imagine it was just a blip on the landscape of KO toys. I've never seen one anywhere else, and I'll bet it's impossible to find.

It was at least double scale as I recall... maybe Voyager sized? Looked like all-plastic of course, and with no chrome, but the colours weren't too far off-model.

zmog

4. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i have seen them, a while back though
    pretty sure it was from a chinese seller on ebay, i was tempted to buy but didn't
    now i want it
    damnit

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    There's also "Grim'Zilla" the Cyborg-Godzilla-with-Grimlock's-TF-scheme.

He's about 150% of Grimmy's size, has a cool huge tail, and is pretty easy to find. Of course, ironically, to use him as the base for a Grimlock kitbash would require a LOT of resurfacing.

He's the only big Dinobot I know of. if you wanted to go in the opposite direction the "Baby Dinobots" (Scout-sized pastel simplified dinobots) are also pretty easy to come by and cover at LEAST 3 of the molds.

I doubt that's the direction you're thinking about though ;) 

D/L

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't think you can find what you are looking for man. You might get lucky and find a couple, but certainly not all 5, as I know nothing of there being large versions of the whole team.

7. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    youre a wiz at kitbashes why not turn animated grimmie into g1?

8. SMOG

I found these pics on my drive somewhere... not sure of the source. The first one is the oversize Grimlock KO. Not bad from the looks of him. The 2nd image is the weird Godzilla/Grimlock hybrid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

zmog

9. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

10. SMOG

LOL! S'okay. I never bullshit about TF stuff... not worth the effort. :) 

That image is the ONLY evidence I've ever seen of that Grimlock KO. I don't even remember where I found the picture. It looks pretty awesome though... and BIG. I'd love it if some secret supply of these resurfaced. :) 

zmog

11. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

man you are not the only one if i had the cash i would produce it. i love big ko's they make me feel like a kid again lol adult sized transformers so to say.

12. SMOG

I know what you mean! It's weird sometimes when I go back to my G1 stuff... even as intricate and diecast-rich as they are, I'm always a bit surprised to see how small most of them are. Those G1 Autobot cars are pretty tiny, and I really don't remember them that way.

Also, I love big KO's for figures that I always felt should have been larger, but weren't. Grimlock for example, fits this profile.

zmog

13. Jedi_Master_Ben

Jedi_Master_Ben Well-Known Member

This one of the main reasons why I took on the experiment with Hydrospan as a means to grow these toys. I am a fan of 1/18th scale action figures and I love the idea of everything be to scale with them. These oversize toys remind me of the Shogun and Godzilla toys when I was a kid. they were huge and fun to play with. I still remember my Joes and Star Wars figures fighting that Godzilla. I mean, clearly the technology is there to make these bigger and we see them all the time coming from China, why can't we get these here in the states. I think there is room for this hobby for all types of scales. I mean, come on, my Joes need something else to defend from besides Cobra.