Minor/Repaint: Oversize Dinoking

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by iDarkDesign, Dec 29, 2011.

1. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign None shall stand all shall fall

News Credits:
    So finally finished one of my customs! Well finished until I get a hold of oversize stickers that is...

This custom started out as a chinese neon colored KO like so:

[​IMG]

I really wanted a Dinoking but will not pay that price for that small a toy. So I figured what the hell! Looked up lots of reference pics and a couple of months later:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a pain to straighten out all the panels and have everything align properly. And I HATE airbrushing whites .... Everything was stripped, sanded and airbrushed with Tamiya acryllics. Some parts repaired or rebuild with styrene.

I was hoping to get Reprolabels to do a oversize set for me but I'm not getting a reply on anything. Not on the mail, the boards, anything :( 

This puppy will NOT be for sale on ebay :ev:  I'm going to display it with my victory toys.

iDD

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice, everybody needs a bit more Kakuryu in their collection. I really liked these guys, they just did as they were told and you really did start to feel sorry for them by the end of the series

3. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

they look amazing, would it be possible to see him scaled beside other figures please? Classics deluxe if at all possible. As this may be a route for me someday.

Well done, I'm sure it was a battle getting them up to scratch even before paint touched them, hoping reprolabels gets back to you.

4. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    he looks really good,

5. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I've love to have this on my shelf! Great work here :thumb 

6. iDarkDesign

News Credits:
    as per request one with Hot Rod. Had to pry him out of his beloved Protector armor...

[​IMG]

I think Dinoking is roughly the size of Landcross now which I will be happy to show once I find my Landcross.

@ Dez7734 Your custom made me get the oversized KO. Before I wasn't aware of it's existence. Mine must have been a bad one than. Because I think I have filled and/ or sanded every panel to get them straight. It was full of warped plastic and heat holes. Also the plastic for most of the figures had almost a cast iron grain on them. Glad it's over :) 

I will be making a custom halberd too. Where did you get your base? Or was it entirely scratch build?

iDD

• Like Like x 1
  7. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Thanks very much, he's a great size, will fill a shelf corner nicely. I love the smoothness of your paints on this fella. The black is wonderful.

I may have to research the set myself.

8. iDarkDesign

News Credits:
    The black is tamiya flat black (XF-1 I think) airbrushed on with a top layer of the pledge floor wax for wooden floors. Closest thing I can find here that resembles future. They changed the formula and now it doesn't do gloss any more. Nor is it completely clear. But it gives a nice satin coat on the darker colors. Everything except for the whites were done with this.

Of course getting every panel smooth cost me hours of sanding and puttying and sanding and priming and sanding etc etc..... Hours I will never get back :p 

Thanks for the kind words

iDD

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Great job, man! Cartoon/toy accurate colors are sharp and nice. you did the characters justice! :rock :
    Hmm, speaking of this...I'll be visiting China soon, so you bet I will be keeping my eye on that giant KO Dinoking! :D 

10. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Holy Crap!!! I have the original and until you put him next to Rodimus I thought it was!!!!!
    Super job......any chance for a commission?

11. iDarkDesign

News Credits:
    I'm certainly open for commissions. You can always schoot me a pm. I'm envious of your original!

@wing saber x, good luck hunting one down. It's an oldie from the late nineties early zeros. I think you have better luck finding one online.

iDD