Overlord

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DilaZirK, Jul 7, 2007.

1. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Anyone else playing or planning to play this game? I've just finished it, and plan on replaying it once I get a better computer (it is teh laggeh and ugleh with my shitty system right now). Being evil is just too much fun.

[​IMG]
    This is you. No, not the guy on the right.

For those unfamiliar with this title, the game puts you in the shoes of an evil Overlord, who bears a striking resemblance to Sauron at a glance. Unlike Lord of The Rings though, the heroes here will be mercilessly slain by your hands, and the hobbits will be roasted like the suckling pigs they are. :ev: 

[​IMG]
    BURN!

The game supposedly allows the player to either be evil, or REALLY evil. Though to me it still really feels like the usual moral good/bad decision, only difference is that your character still looks badass doing either.

[​IMG]
    Being REALLY evil gets you spikes and a glowy dark aura.

The real thing that sets this game apart from all others are the minions: loyal, enthusiastic, funny and lovable little imp-like creatures who will follow your orders to the letter. Want them to drown for your amusement? Just tell them which river. Want to sacrifice their lives to imbue your armour with magical power? They will do a backflip into the fires of the forge.

[​IMG]
    The minions and their boss.

Another notoable feature is the ability to customize your very own evil tower, which will also change in aura depending on how evil you are. And not forgetting Gnarl, who is like an evil yoda with a sense of humour. :lol 

[​IMG]
    "It's so nice to see new places, meet new people, and kill them."

A great game for the megalomaniac at heart. I only wish I had a better computer (or an Xbox360) so that I can better enjoy this game.
    [​IMG]

2. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I'm very tempted to run out and buy an Xbox360 right now just for that game. I doubt my PC could handle it.

3. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

My main comp is out. I really, really, REALLY want to play this game, but until NetTek fixes my gaming rig, I'm out of luck. :( 

4. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A friend bought an Elite just for it. It's pretty fun, a little dull, but so fun.

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I want to play this game for four reasons:

1. Eeeeviiiiiiil
    2. Customizeable Tower of Eeeeeviiiiiiil, FUCK YEAH!
    3. Made by a Dutch developer :D 
    4. EEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIL!

6. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, one more thing that I lol'd at - You get your own Mistress XD

7. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Comparisons to Pikmin are inevitable. Especially when your minions start lifting stuff and hauling it around.

8. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

played the demo and loved it, can't find it in my area yet for some reason. Of course I'm broke till next payday so thats probably a good thing.