Overlord v.s. Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by brimsoldier59, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brimsoldier59

brimsoldier59 Well-Known Member

I wished megs would have came and beat Overlord. In the wreckers series. I would like to hear some of you guys views on how it would have went down. Personally I think Megs would have won and let the autobots go because to much damage was down.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    He'd have won, I don't doubt it. But not without cost.

3. brimsoldier59

Megs gets all the credit as a fighter. But he never really demonstrates it. Through out G1 history he gets his brains beat in. Shockwave, Starscream, even the new transformers genarations toys. Megs respect Darkmount and thunderwing. Please let him put in work.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think you haven't scrutinized enough G1 material. Megatron is a force to be reckoned with, and has proved that multiple times.

5. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

In the IDW TF comics overlord wasn't as powerful nor smart like he was in the 1988 Masterforce cartoon series. I'd say IDW Megatron could have beat IDW Overlord in a all out fight.

As far as the G-1 cartoon goes. Megatron wasn't that strong nor big in height. Overlord in the G-1 Cartoon was huge in height & had 2 extremly smart people control his actions/mind. I'd say G-1 Cartoon overlord could have easily beat G-1 Cartoon megatron in a all out fight.

in the 1991 battle stars/return of convoy,megatron was much stronger & bigger. super or ultra megatron could have beat overlord in a fight.

6. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LSOTW was better the way it was, without Megatron showing up at all. If he had, the utter poetry of pages 16-17 would never have happened. Overlord, on fire and brought to the brink of death by Ironfist's trick: "What would happen if he were to arrive now? How could I best Megatron when I am reduced to this?"

And then Verity, after informing Overlord that Megatron is dead and seeing his horrified reaction, says: "You can't accept that he never gave chase! You lived your life thinking about him every day, and he died forgetting all about you!"

And then Overlord: "But... but he owes me! He owes me."

Nothing else could have illustrated so perfectly the depths of Overlord's hubris and his obsession with Megatron. Had Megatron showed up, it actually would have justified Overlord's self-importance. But as powerful and as dangerous as Overlord thought he was, he was still an insignificant tool in Megatron's eyes.

You don't acknowledge those you consider beneath you, you ignore them.

7. brimsoldier59

Nuff said

8. Slain

Slain Decepticon

Megs is so cool, he damages you mentally if he doesn't take the time to beat the transistors outta ya!

9. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Exactly. Megatron didn't even consider Overlord going rogue to be of any real concern. He dedicated no resources to hunting him down, investigating rumours, nothing. He obviously didn't even care that Overlord might break the "anti-work-against-Megatron" programming.

That tells me Megs is pretty damn confident that he can take Overlord in a fight.

- Coeloptera

10. superpunch

superpunch Banned

g1 megatron has the power of a black he uses this wipes the floor with overlord

11. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Exactly. While a fight between Overlord and Megatron would have been entertaining, it would have robbed a great story of a beautiful ending.

12. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDK, I would love to see Overlord win this battle but he would need more then just brute force to beat Megs.

Galvatron would kick overlords ASS!

13. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    As has been said, Overlord just cares too much about the fight. He'd get to monologuing and pouting those lips of his, and catch a fusion cannon blast to the face for it.

14. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megs takes it hands down, A way more interesting fight would have been idw sixshot vs overlord:drool: 

15. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Wrong.

Megatron and Straxus were sworn enemies in the Marvel U.K. comics. And he never met Thunderwing until the IDW continuity where he thought Thunderwing's experiments were disgusting and had them decommissioned.

16. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That new Megatron would, I mean why give him a new body that's not better then the last one? But it what would a convo between Overlord and Galvatron be like.

Would they battle or would they team up....?

17. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

Naw, Megatron would start going on about how he planned everything in advanced and is always right, and generally start basking in his own hubris, then Overlord would beat his ass down.

18. RG93

RG93 Catch with a Master Ball!

Megatron would have some scheme so the fight goes his way. Crafty 'Con......

19. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megaton wins. He might get majorly messed up, but he wins. He's the leader for a reason. And remember, he was pit fighter before a leader, so he could still tear some stuff up

20. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Everyone forgetting the Megatron vs Devestator fight in AHM? I love that scene where Megatron on one knee holds back Devestator's fist. He beat Prime in Escalation. He's beaten Prime in 2 movies.

He's beaten Sentinel Prime and Zeta Prime in various modern incarnations. I loved his gladiatorial sequences in Megatron:Origin.

Or how about the Marvel comic where he takes down Predaking? He's lost his fusion cannon and half his face and still doesn't back down from Predaking. In fact he goes on to defeat him. "I am Megatron the Conquerer!"

Personally I was always disappointed that in the G2 comics, the Liege Maximo didn't turn out to be Overlord. It would have fit in nicely with the packaging blurb about a new breed of Decepticon on the fringes of known space.

Also Overlord looks a lot cooler than the Baymovie reject that Liege Maximo was.

I remember reading early G2 issues and Grimlock's question about whether LM was a place or a person had me wondering if LM was Overlord. Even Liege and Lord suggested a connection. Was very disappointed with the answer.

I love the Wreckers books but in some future incarnation, I'd love to see a version of Overlord that reflected the old packaging blurb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.