Heavy/Scratch: Overload (my version)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by shadow2879, Sep 10, 2011.

1. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    I wanted to design a transformable version of what I picture OVERLOAD from ROTF looking like. This is the start of what I have.

I used the Yellow Longhaul/Payload as my base. I added an articulated dump bed (does not transform with the bot but had to have the dump bed to look the part of OVELOAD. He also has 4 arms but are more bot looking and do not have the over sized hooks like the movie Overload concept. Remember this is what I picture him to look like (NOT BASED OF THE MOVIE CONCEPT). He also sports a very large (MEAN LOOKING) circular rock cutting saw that I scratch built. All I have left to do to (my version of Overload) is to customize the head and to paint him red. ENJOY!!

DSC02498.JPG

DSC02499.JPG

DSC02501.JPG

DSC02643.JPG

DSC02641.JPG

DSC02721.JPG

DSC02722.JPG

DSC02723.JPG

DSC02724.JPG

2. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You say that your Overload is not based on the Movie Concept? :inquisiti 

Take a long look at your Overload, then take a long look at this concept image of Overload:
    [​IMG]

Pretty damn close of you ask me! :inquisiti 

But regardless, THAT...IS...F****** AWESOME!!! :jawdropper: 

You have answered my prayers for a custom Overload that I so want to make for myself! :bowdown: 

Can it still transform even with the four arms or are you still working that out? :confused: 

3. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    All you need is a touch of Red. :drool: 

4. Mrbobcom

Mrbobcom Galactic ruler

I love your twist on his fifth arm

5. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    Well... I guess I should have phrased it better. My version of Overload has some likeness to the movie concept as in having 4 arms and a 5th tail-like appendage but in all It has no real likeness to the movie concept. Its my own spin on Overload. But thanks for the praise on the custom. As for the other set of arms, they fold up under set of arms in transformation and sit within the frame. I did not show that in this set of pics but will update it soon.

6. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    Thank you, kindly! :thumbs2: 

Here's an idea I have for your custom: Try to color dye any scrap yellow parts left over from your custom Overload in RIT Fuchsia liquid or power dye. That might turn the yellow parts red and save you the effort of simply painting it over in red.

If you are looking for a way to add a custom Hightower to your collection, click on the links below:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...dotm-deluxe-class-hightower-wip-part-1-a.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radic...dotm-deluxe-class-hightower-wip-part-2-a.html

7. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    THANKS FOR THE HELP. I may have to try that. Hope you like my custom Bonecrusher as well.

8. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

Looking good. Question though. When you said you scratchbuilt the saw, did you mean "Kitbash"? as in you took some parts from several toys and made it into that, or did you make every part from various bits of shaped styrene? Casue if you truly scratchbuilt it, thast some dman nice work. Rivets are hard to get right.

I like that you are using the concept art as a starting point, and adding your own spin on it.
    Randy!

9. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    I do a lot of scratch building in the warhammer 40k realm as in I used to play the table top game but it got a bit expensive so i turned to just building warhammer pieces that I use as paper weights or just look cool on a shelve. Some of the races in warhammer have great pieces that have strange and cool weapons and or armor. I took a few leftover scrap pieces I had from a few of those races, glued them together and then molded new crisper, cleaner, whole parts from the scrap. I did a few resin parts this way.

10. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    here is a set of cannons i just finished molding next to the BB mech tech weapon to show the size and one of them on Ironhide's arm. These cannons have the whole molded into them so they fit onto the pegs on DOTM Ironhide's arms as shown.

DSC02725.JPG

DSC02726.JPG

11. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you should cast those & sell them,because I would buy em in a heartbeat!:p 

12. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    How is this project going so far? :confused: 

13. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    I put it on hold for a bit to do some others. But ill be getting back into this project in the next week or 2.