Heavy/Scratch: Over 100 New Titans Returns Characters

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Trentulas, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    My reading suggests that existing items will be grandfathered until the New Year.

• Like Like x 2
  2. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Thanks! This weekend will be busy for them

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat omae wa mou shindei

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Which still isn't a lot of time but pretty much. 10/22 is when the pricing for new items in the shop are bumped up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trentulas

Trentulas Has all kinds of dangerous needs.

News Credits:
    Regardless of circumstances, I'm going to be doing a lot more multipacks and combo-sets so that while the minimum item cost goes up, I can maintain value for the customer.

For a bit of transparency, Shapeways works on a sort of Redbubble model, where the cost of making the item is the base price, and then then the creator has a markup on top of that they they keep. My markup tends to be about $4 per item, rounded to whatever makes the cost an even number. Most of my items that cost less than $9 in white versatile plastic will thus go up in cost.

With Prime Masters and Titan Masters tapering off, I'm considering moving my Shapeways business model to a weapons-driven setup, hopefully with a lot more commissions as the customer base adjusts to new pricing. My goal will to get new items as close to the minimum-cost lines as possible to maximize the print-to-cost ratio.

In the meantime, however, you've got till New Years to get the old stuff at the old prices.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Kamen Ranger Bat

Google+:
    YouTube:
    As I'm more or less reaching the end of my transformers collecting line, as in maybe 2-3 figures from siege and I'm done, would you be willing to do commissions for non transformer things?

6. Constructor

Constructor Ghede 'er done!

Maybe for Siege, you could make your own muzzle flare effects for targetmasters

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trentulas

News Credits:
    Absolutely! As long as I have the measurements, I can make any number of things, and I have measurements for suitable 4mm grips (5.5" and most 6" figure, MOTU, etc) and 3mm grips (both Joe/3.75" figures and lego/other building figures) so those don't require measurements in most cases.

As soon as I can confirm the measurements, I can do those certainly. I'm also going to be making new weapons to use Siege muzzle effects too.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Trentulas

News Credits:
  9. Kamen Ranger Bat

Google+:
    YouTube:
    I just stayed up a bit extra late so I painted up the 4 prime plates. Tomorrow I will post them up after touch ups and drying. Trent, thank you for your hard work.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire BUMBLEBEE MUST DIE!

News Credits:

Crap! I've been putting off buying stuff because lately I just haven't been feeling like customizing. I better start ordering some stuff.

11. Trentulas

News Credits:
  12. Kamen Ranger Bat

Google+:
    YouTube:
    FDB34829-0157-4511-A9D1-07A71FAD338A.jpeg

All painted and installed on 4 masters. I'm so happy to have all 13 now.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Hot Roding Autobot Punk

YouTube:
    What price change?

14. Trentulas

News Credits:
    Basically, Shapeways is establishing a "base cost" for each material, because processing a lot of small items was apparently not cost effective for them. I intend to work around this by multipacking/including duplicates, but it means that a lot of my existing items will go up in price after January 1st.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Omnondippy

Omnondippy The duly appointed enforcer of the Tyrest accord.

@Trentulas I just got my order of 8 heads (Cybertron Megs, the Sideways heads, Ovveride head, Demolisher and Cylonus heads) and they are absolutely brilliant! The Smooth fine detail is great and the sculpt is impeccable! Thanks Trent and keep it up!;) 

• Like Like x 4
  16. Trentulas

News Credits:
    Thanks! If you can, post pics once you have everything together and painted.

Got a new thing in the store, a Real Ghostbusters-inspired little critter named Splat-O-Lantern:

[​IMG]

As to the Shapeways changes, here's what's going down:

Everything currently up in my store is grandfathered into the old price structure until January 1st. Shapeways is changing how they price things to have minimum costs to reflect the handling processes that are required regardless of item size. For small items, this is going to mean a price increase, one I don't get any cut of.

To compensate, future products are going to be designed to hit that minimum cost based on file-contents wherever possible. If the price has to go up I can at least ensure that the customer gets as much bang for their buck as possible. Multi-packs and sprued sets are going to be the go-to way to accomplish this.

If an item works in an obvious set, then I'll simply pack together associated items in one kit, as with the insecticon weapons three-pack. If there's not an obvious companion piece, I may simply duplicate a given weapon in the set, so you as the customer get a bonus item.

I will most likely keep offering individual items as options for materials where sprues are not allowed, such as in the case of metal prints, using the Shapeways size-variant feature.

Also, commissions are open. Basic weapons and faceplates tend to be $40 for a personal-use sculpt commission, more for complicated items or if you want to purchase exclusive use or redistribution rights.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Omnondippy

Omnondippy The duly appointed enforcer of the Tyrest accord.

That might be a while until I get them painted beacuse my new airbrush machine is around 3 months away. But i am planning to paint up these figures and then sell them at the UK convention TFN next year which I will leave a notice board linking yours and other shapeways designer social medias as a thanks for helping me with my work!
    Onece again, the heads I bought were quality!

18. Trentulas

News Credits:
    Also, if you've inquired about a commission, and you haven't heard back, let me know. Some may have gotten lost in the shuffle.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Trentulas

News Credits:
  20. Trentulas

News Credits:
    The Key to Vector Sigma and What’s Going Down at Shapeways

[​IMG]

Hey all, we’ve got new product to show off, of course, but first, I need to tell everyone what’s going on with Shapeways.

Shapeways is changing how they price items. They’ve stated that they’re making changes to cover the basic level of labor required on a piece, which wasn’t factored in in the previous size/mass calculations. Essentially, there are minimum item costs being implemented. Regardless of the size of an item, it will always cost a certain amount to print.

This is a change to base costs, and doesn’t impact what the designer gets for a purchase (Shapeways uses a redbubble-type model, print on demand with a base cost for the service and the designer setting a markup)

Prize Inside!’s items released before October 22nd are grandfathered in at the old cost structure Until January 1st, 2019. You have until then to take advantage of the older, less expensive per-item price structure, after which prices are going to go up.

However, this is Prize Inside!, we want you to get your bang for your buck, and the Key to Vector Sigma will show you how:

[​IMG]

Here we’ve got a Cyber Key to Vector Sigma, designed to activate Transformers: Cybertron/Galaxy Force gimmicks (its also the largest version, perfect for Ultra-and-leader-class figures) with 5mm grips and a 5mm port on the back. We’re still offering it solo, for metal prints and other special material cases, but we’re also offering it in plastic in a two-pack. For the standard versatile plastic, its $9 for one, or $11 for two.

For smaller items, like the Vector Sigma Keys made for general 5mm and 3mm without the Cyber Key connection, a multipack and a single pack would wind up costing the same in most materials, so if you get a metal print it will be one key...

[​IMG]

But if you get it in plastic at 5mm, it is two-for-one...

[​IMG]

Or, in the case of 3mm, Four-for-One

[​IMG]

Depending on the item, if the minimum part cost comes into play, I’m going to be either putting it in a set of associated items, or you’ll get more than one (as with the keys). In short, prices will go up on new items and everything after January 1st, we can’t help that. We will, however, make sure that you get more to reflect the changed price.

All these items and more are available on the Shapeways store, here.

-

Also, a sneak peek at something I need to test before I put up for sale:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

G1 minicassette that splits into a pair of blasters. If it works, I may try a few transforming cassettes.

• Like Like x 9