Outside influences

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by grimmlock, Feb 29, 2012.

1. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    With everyone specualting what new characters we will get during season 2, I'm curious as to how FOC and the characters we saw from the MMO game thats set to come out.

I wonder if we will see Grimlock or any of the Dinobots or Shockwave.
    Or the prowl character that we saw from the the company who's working on the MMO game.

If we do see some of these characters, will the be simialr to the pre-existing designs? I'm sure FOC would be different designs but the other CO might be the same. what do you guys think?

2. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    I would like to see Shockwave and the Dinobots for sure!!

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Shockwave is way up on the list of characters I want to see. I'd also like to see a Combiner.

4. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I've always said that I adore the MMO Prowl and Barricade designs. Even if it's too much work to include them on the show, I think they're fairly obvious candidates for toy waves between new characters/seasons.

I seem to recall some discussion from Botcon (I think?) that Combiners and Dinobots were things they were looking at, so if they go ahead with them it'd be interesting to see if any FoC plot threads are picked up by the show. Retroactively, I'm also excited to see what FoC Cliffjumper is up to, and how much he borrows from the all too brief Prime appearance. Much as I'd love a Cliff and Arcee DLC level, I think that might be too much to ask...

I wouldn't expect the designs of game characters to have any relationship to the show outside of basic 'character' details (such as Shockwave's eye), nor for there to be much direct linkage: I see them as the same basic story, told through different lenses, by different narrators - so many details will differ, but the core will remain more or less similar.

I hope they pull something cool off, though. :D 

5. walnuts

walnuts Well-Known Member

Frankly, I just want to see more Autobots. Current crew is settled in now, bring in a couple more to freshen up the Autobots a bit because they're becoming a bit, ummm, stale I guess. Bring in some new members and the associated complicated relationships that arise from that.

6. Barrett Sturge

Barrett Sturge Well-Known Member

I think that if Shockwave shows up, he might actually retain his Cybertronian (WFC) looks in Prime.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I highly doubt Fall will have any affect on Prime in any way.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I Hope so.

Shockwave is one of the best Transformers ever, also Corey Burton must voice him.