Minor/Repaint: Outrider Thanatos (from BW Transmetal Optimus Primal)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Teletran, May 18, 2008.

1. Teletran

Teletran Witty title not included

gettin kinda hard to keep comin up with ways to introduce these guys. most of these guys all have "angry robot syndrom", but to varying degrees. im trying to come up with interesting personalities for these guys, but its kinda hard for me. i think i actually DO need to start writing the story for these guys as im sure thats when ill find out who they are. that happened with zarathos. i imagined him as basically the worst of the worst who would kill you just for looking at him. while he'll still do that, i found when i wrote a bit of the story he also had a bit of a sense of humor, sadistic as it may be (he seems to be going that way. maybe a darker version of garak from ds9 would give an idea of where hes going)

anyway, the name thanatos seems to be another way to say he basically has a death wish (i looked it up lol). there was also an ancient greek daemon called thanatos and was the personification of death and mortality (hey, who knew looking at my repaints could be both entertaining AND educational! lol). i got the name from an episode of dead like me (kinda fitting lol). i did NOT get it from the stormbringer comic story. i SO wanted to cuss out furman when i read this name in that comic. thought i came up with something cool and original :( 

so basically, this guy is just trying to end his miserable existence. not sure why yet though. but a suicidal robot could be interesting

Attached Files:

2. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Dear God, is there a mold that this color combo looks bad on ???
    Outstanding job, that matte black looks factory.
    :rock 

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

OMFG! Teletran, this is so sweet looking,in a way he looks like a "Nemesis Prime" kind of a deal and I like it. So great job my man. Great job.

4. Teletran

HA!! well, im not a big fan of how it looks on rid grimlock. but then, i just out and out HATE that toy anyway. if he wasnt needed to combine with the others, id have trashed him

thanks :)  i think you can tell theres a definite improvement in my skills over the years. take a look at zarathos (quick link here: http://www.tfw2005.com/radicons-cus.../outrider-zarathos-from-rid-side-burn-164781/), who was the very first one i did like this, and this guy who was one of the last, and you can see ive gotten LOTS better. my stroeks are smoother and lines are a bit better. im certainley adding more detail than i wouldve back when i started. plus ive learned a few tricks here and there on painting and thats always good :thumb s

and he DOES look very badass ;) 

i agonized for a long time whether i wanted to include a prime/primal into the group for that very reason. though when i started this, there was only ONE evil prime, rid scourge (who was the original leader of this group, but hes no longer even affiliated with em). but as time went on the whole nemesis thing got out of hand and i wasnt sure i wanted to add to it. but i did 3 times lol (this one, universe nemesis prime and rid prime)

5. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    That's the joy of being kitbasher. Always improving. I only started about 6-7 months ago & I see improvements with ever bash. I don't want to hijack your thread but if you get a chance looks at my entry's to the Radicon forum. Nemesis Tantrum was my first bash & Nemesis Divebomb is one of my more recent ones, he's leaps & bounds over my first. With how great everyone here is there is always something new to learn or a new way to look at things.

6. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

Dear God, is there a mold that this color combo looks bad on ???
    Outstanding job, that matte black looks factory.
    replying to nemesis predaking

wheelie?
    and perhaps also armada sideswipe

7. Teletran

*looks at his wheelie toy* hhhmmm....

8. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow thats bad ass! i love it!

9. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    while i think this is an excellent repaint, i have to inform you of the marvel character named Thanatos.

according to wiki
    Thanatos first appears in Spider-Man 2099 as a Destiny-Force powered villain occupying an “interspace”, the entrance to which was generated by the Virtual Unreality Project funded by the Alchemax corporation. Thanatos called the space “the nexus of all realities” but is unclear on how he came to be there, or the true nature of interspace.

Prior to battling that era’s Spider-Man, Thanatos claims that he was “marooned on Earth, discorporated, powerless since the end of the heroic age … until the first tests uon the virtual unreality portal some weeks back gave [his] nebulous form the energy it needed.”

It has been speculated that Thanatos was once the fictional character Rick Jones. At one time Rick was yanked back and forth through time and encountered two older versions of himself, one of which was Thanatos. Later publications expounded upon this story, revealing that Thanatos is actually Rick Jones from an alternate timeline, where, during the Kree/Skrull war, he stayed with the Supreme Intelligence instead of reuniting with Captain Marvel. The Eon War resulted in the deaths of most of the Marvel heroes, and resulted in Thanatos becoming stranded in the interspace. Thanatos was finally destroyed by Captain Marvel.

It has never been confirmed that the future 2099 incarnations of the heroes is a canon reality or merely possible future events. If this is the case, then Thanatos’ true origins are purely speculative.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanatos always makes me think of Battle Tech/Mechwarrior

11. Teletran

wiki says theres a mech named thanatos in that game, so maybe thats why? lol

no need to repost all that i think when this is just a couple posts below it lol anyway, yeah, i saw that. fortunately, i never read that comic so i was unaware of him til i started looking for info on the name. the first time i heard the name/word was in the dead like me episode i mentioned above a couple years ago

12. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

the paint apps are great and the level of detail is just awesome another great job man I really like this one and your whole concept as well

13. Kustom Kiosk

Kustom Kiosk Micro-Con

jus a plain repaint...boringgg..

14. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Pretty cool. I'd like to have a bigger back story for him.